TV issue question

Hoops

Have a LG ultra 4K 65 inch about 2 years old. Today I noticed it has slight but noticeable symmetrical horizontal lines top to bottom on the whole screen.  Any of you know what this means? Am I screwed and my panel is going bad? 

it looks like lines you would see on graph paper if that helps 

4 minutes ago, Hoops said:

On everything 

Apple TV 

Hulu 

spectrum stream 

Sounds like you're fucked, I had a 2 yr old samsung break a while back, i replaced it with the cheapest TV i could buy(it's a 32 inch for my computer room), I decided not to spend extra for something that will break anyway.

Try unplugging it and powering it back up.

Very fixable, there is only 4 boards in the back of that TV... call manufacturer and tell them what it’s doing and they will tell you it’s out of warranty... you google it on you tube, these guys know their shit... buy the part on eBay for around 30 bucks, get a buddy pull it off the wall loosen about 12 screws, pull out old part, hook up new part just like it was, put it back together.. plug it back in and should work fine... I have a 70” Vizio, after 2.5 years goes to shit, I called Vizio warranty 90 days, get the fuck outta here, but they did tell me the part I needed, ordered $32 part, friend came over and was afraid to do anything.. I said it’s broke, if we fuck it up, I’ll have to by a new one anyway..... year and a half ago working like brand new.. 1 hour and $32 bucks...

since then I had a 42” Samsung in the bedroom, didn’t need my friends help.. fixed it myself...

1 minute ago, jeffksu said:

When pulling the back off, I was amazed how cheaply these things are built...

My TV that broke it was the backlight, which is a series of little bulbs that go across the screen in like 4 rows, if one fails they all fail, I took it apart and yea, there's hardly anything back there. In my case the parts were $40 but a brand new TV is a little over $100, and since I dont know what I'm doing i just scrapped it.