It’s time we took crypto currency serious. **My FAQ inside

WVU

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/2/2021 at 6:45 PM, WVU said:

Cardano 

I respect your opinion on investing (or your buddy who you trust); I'm going to start doing some research on Cardano this week. 

Do I set up Kraken, that the easiest way to buy? How do I fund Kraken to purchase Cardano?

What's your buddy think of Cardano ST vs. LT? How long you going to hold it? What's your target number?

1 minute ago, WVU said:

Which is better, Kraken or Bittrex?  Anyone?

There are some articles on line comparing the two...depends what you are looking for.  Personally I wasn’t a fan of Kraken just because they were going down a lot at inconvenient times.  MM and Monkey  like Kraken though I believe.   

19 minutes ago, IAG said:

There are some articles on line comparing the two...depends what you are looking for.  Personally I wasn’t a fan of Kraken just because they were going down a lot at inconvenient times.  MM and Monkey  like Kraken though I believe.   

I'm looking for the cheapest fees and an order book so I can set limits on my buys/sells. Alt selections are fairly important too

coinbase fees (non pro)

Coinbase charges a spread of about one-half of one percent (0.50%) for cryptocurrency purchases and cryptocurrency sales. However, the actual spread may be higher or lower due to market fluctuations in the price of cryptocurrency on Coinbase Pro between the time we quote a price and the time when the order executes. 

We also charge a Coinbase Fee (in addition to the spread), which is the greater of (a) a flat fee or (b) a variable percentage fee determined by region, product feature, and payment type. The flat fees are set forth below:

• If the total transaction amount is less than or equal to $10, the fee is $0.99 | €0,99 | £0,99 | C$.99
  • If the total transaction amount is more than $10 but less than or equal to $25, the fee is $1.49 | €1,49 | £1,49 | C$1.49
  • If the total transaction amount is more than $25 but less than or equal to $50, the fee is $1.99 | €1,99 | £1,99 | C$1.99
  • If the total transaction amount is more than $50 but less than or equal to $200, the fee is $2.99 | €2,99 | £2,99 | C$2.99

y'all better jump on Cardano

This is also HUGE. In case you don't know Celsius it is one of the biggest firms where you can earn, borrow and pay on the blockchain. They are HUGE and this tells you everything you need to know about them looking to move from Ethereum to Cardano. https://twitter.com/eyeoftheking1/status/1346272219916357633?s=21

1 hour ago, brokerstip said:

Just see this regarding Bittrex; do I need to send them my driver's license etc or is there a way around that?

Idk.  They may let you set up account and do minimal transactions without ID...some used to do that, but idk anymore.  I haven’t opened a new account at an exchange in years.  Only thing you can do is try.   

33 minutes ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

I’m kicking myself for not owning a ton of GBTC

I remember u saying u refused to buy once it was at $30.  You do pay that premium, but I do like access thru regular brokerage account. I actually may buy some more.