housepicks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

I need some guidance on how to purchase. I'll tail your play if I can figure out how to do it. I currently have some BTC in my Edge wallet. How can I purchase Cardano?

open account at bittrex or Kraken.  Move bitcoin from wallet to bittrex or kraken.  Use that bitcoin to trade (sell/buy).  If you confirm your account then you can deposit cash directly through your bank into bittrex or kraken.

55 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

Bittrex or Kraken better? Thought I saw somewhere from IAG that Kraken seems to be down a lot recently. Do you have to send in identity pictures/ID for both of them if I don't want to move funds to checking account or deposit?

for low level bittrex account you don't need to link to your bank if you are just moving over coins and using them.  But why wouldn't you?

59 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

Bittrex or Kraken better? Thought I saw somewhere from IAG that Kraken seems to be down a lot recently. Do you have to send in identity pictures/ID for both of them if I don't want to move funds to checking account or deposit?

It was back in 2017/18 that they were down often...they may have fixed some things since then. 

5 minutes ago, WVU said:

for low level bittrex account you don't need to link to your bank if you are just moving over coins and using them.  But why wouldn't you?

I'm going to. I need to do my identify verification later today. Just don't let that coin go up too much before tomorrow. My wallet is at home with my DL

16 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

that's what I'll do to start. Need DL to set up account though

Times have changed. Seems like I used to have accounts at various places with no ID required...maybe that was just Binance (China)

Also, that being said, personally I would not exchange BTC for ADA...that’s just me.  If you have to send all documentation regardless, I would hold my BTC and buy ADA with fiat (US dollar)

Full disclosure...I am still learning about this stuff though I have bought and sold it for years.  Most of my good info comes from other sources.  But they are very good sources.  One is probably the most knowledgeable about crypto than anyone on the planet.  

Just now, WVU said:

Full disclosure...I am still learning about this stuff though I have bought and sold it for years.  Most of my good info comes from other sources.  But they are very good sources.  One is probably the most knowledgeable about crypto than anyone on the planet.  

You are pals with Satoshi!!!