E bay scammers tring to take advantage of me..

bookbraker

Since I didn't get a stimulus check I started selling off my kids video game stuff.  Next up is their cell phones.  They don't need them.  It's not like they are in the house 24/7... we live in PA after all.  Sold my daughters nintendo 3ds which was never used and 5 games with it.  Here is the message I got after the people had it for a week.  They paid with the buy it now button for 195.  They got the console, charger, case, and 5 games.  Pokemon, mario, batman 1 and 2 along with princess peach.  

Screenshot_20210108-100154_eBay.jpg

Might not be a scammer. 195 for a DS and 5 games is pretty expensive unless there are some rare games.  Bootleg DS games are not uncommon and they can look almost identical.  So if it was bought used, it could possibly be fake.  Do you have any pics of the cart?

I don’t think the guy would pay 195 unless he is a collector and can probably spot the difference.

Ah, okay a 3ds XL would certainly go for more than a regular DS.

I sold a shit ton of games from NES to PS2 about 10 years ago, and authentic Pokemon games usually appreciate in value, but also has lots of bootlegs.  Kinda hard to tell from the pic, but this video shows some of the differences.

And authentic versions of the game can sell for around $100 https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pokemon+platinum+authentic&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

The buyer should've contacted you before buying if they weren't sure, certainly not your fault or something you would know.  I wouldn't assume they are trying to scam you though.