50 Best Westerns

Dr. Paddy

https://www.vulture.com/article/50-best-western-movies-ever.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Personally, I'd have had Unforgiven as No. 1. Little Big Man much higher. Never heard of their No. 1.
Appaloosa top 10, not even mentioned. True Grit from the Cohen Bros surely top three, not mid table.

Greatest western story on film...no question Deadwood, the series.

24 minutes ago, Paddy said:

https://www.vulture.com/article/50-best-western-movies-ever.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Personally, I'd have had Unforgiven as No. 1. Little Big Man much higher. Never heard of their No. 1.
Appaloosa top 10, not even mentioned. True Grit from the Cohen Bros surely top three, not mid table.

Greatest western story on film...no question Deadwood, the series.

Good call on The Appaloosa, Paddy

All-time great performances by Brando and John Saxon.

58 minutes ago, mike499 said:

Watched News of the World yesterday not bad. Also agree Deadwood was phenomenal. The movie sucked but loved the series 

Yeah, the movie was lower class than the series.

57 minutes ago, RaiseThese said:

Can anyone help me with the name of this great Western?

western.jpg

Face is familiar, but hard to tell from a promo photo.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:38 AM, HinesWard86 said:

Outlaw Josey Wales should be top ten. I'm guessing it gets dinged because Wales was a Confederate 

You may be reading too much into that, HW. Hell on Wheels with Cullen Bohannon was a great series, four or five seasons. He was a Confederate soldier. It happened, people got over it.

I don't know who made the picks, but I doubt that the Civil War side of a soldier makes much difference. Clint Eastwood never made anything but a great Western.