Surfside/Miami Beach condo collapse

WVU

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Israeli rescue team vows to help find every person still alive in the Surfside condo collapse | Editorial

BY THE MIAMI HERALD EDITORIAL BOARD

UPDATED 5 HOURS 58 MINUTES AGO

The team from Israel began their first full day of work Monday at the request of family members. At a private family briefing posted by a relative on Instagram, the 10-member team’s commander told relatives his team found survivors a week after the deadly Haiti earthquake in 2010. “Anything is possible,” commander Golan Vacham said.

The Israeli team showed the relatives a graphic they created dissecting the partial collapse: the building over the garage went first, followed by a section behind it, then an adjacent tower fell a few seconds later.

well I just learned that the construction on my condo when I moved in was the exact repair that was needed for the doomed building.  They xrayed all the concrete supports and cut out and replaced the bad parts (corroded rebar) and installed several drains all over the pool deck.  It took over a year to complete.  here is the finished pool deck

image.png

1 hour ago, WVU said:

well I just learned that the construction on my condo when I moved in was the exact repair that was needed for the doomed building.  They xrayed all the concrete supports and cut out and replaced the bad parts (corroded rebar) and installed several drains all over the pool deck.  It took over a year to complete.  here is the finished pool deck

image.png

Maybe putting pools on the roof isn't the greatest idea considering the weight?

2 hours ago, mikeman said:

Maybe putting pools on the roof isn't the greatest idea considering the weight?

it's not on the roof.  The pool is on the main floor above the parking garage which is about 12 feet up from ocean level.  Same as the collapsed building

LOL at the idea that a rally has ANYTHING whatsover to do with hindering anything ongoing with Surfside.

THAT concept is POLITICAL in itself, like blaming climate change:jerkfor the collapse

Smart people see right through it while sheep parrot the BS.

People are dying all over the country and life is going on a usual.

If those in charge are still looking to save anyone or do whatever they are doing, nothing is holding them back from doing so.

6 hours ago, Chi_Archie said:

ask Desantis 

Ask him what?

The goal should be to clear the rubble and find everyone buried inside, not complain that someone in another part of the state is holding a rally. They have unlimited personnel and resources, it's not that hard.

Like everything else we're being fed a load of crap - I still hear reports of men with dogs working the rubble, WTF are they needed for? Guess what, there are 140 people under there, and considering the layout of apartments/condos they're spread out all over, no need for a dogs sniffer to tell us that. When that dog stops and indicates there's likely someone under that spot that's not very helpful.

Desantis is trying to get Trump to cancel the rally

Former President Donald Trump is rejecting pleas from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to postpone a campaign-style rally this weekend some 200 miles from the Miami suburb where an international search-and-rescue mission is excavating bodies from the site of a collapsed seaside condominium.

DeSantis’s office has "made a direct plea” to the former president’s team, calling on it to postpone the Saturday event in Sarasota. One Florida Republican bluntly said Trump and his team need to “read the room.”

“The governor is getting tested here as to how far he's going to be pushed before he breaks ranks with President Trump. And he has to be very careful because this is Trump country,” this source said. “The base loves the president. But they equally love Ron. It's a showdown going on right now.”

6 minutes ago, Chi_Archie said:

Former President Donald Trump is rejecting pleas from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to postpone a campaign-style rally this weekend some 200 miles from the Miami suburb where an international search-and-rescue mission is excavating bodies from the site of a collapsed seaside condominium.

DeSantis’s office has "made a direct plea” to the former president’s team, calling on it to postpone the Saturday event in Sarasota. One Florida Republican bluntly said Trump and his team need to “read the room.”

“The governor is getting tested here as to how far he's going to be pushed before he breaks ranks with President Trump. And he has to be very careful because this is Trump country,” this source said. “The base loves the president. But they equally love Ron. It's a showdown going on right now.”

OH REALLY?

https://dailycaller.com/2021/06/30/desantis-trump-rally-florida/

Stick with Raise and he will get you the proper information on these matters:dancing

3 minutes ago, Chi_Archie said:

I heard that, he's wrong, if trump was having the rally a mile away from the scene he might have a point, in this case he doesn't.

I dont want trump again in 2024('Id sure take him now however), I'm rooting for desantis, doesn't mean everything he says is correct,   it's gonna be ugly when desantis announces a run and then Trump starts trashing him like he does anyone who isn't a suckup.

3 minutes ago, Chi_Archie said:

will be interesting to see who some of the other smart viable GOP options hitch their wagons to, or decide to make their own run. Noem, Crenshaw, Abbott, ect. I'd love to see Ivanka make a run

lots of stuff will go down over the next year to bring clarity

Abbott will be lucky to be reelected, crenshaw has been exposed as  a swamp creature, the noems, nikki haylees, and even the delusional cris christies are living in fantasy land. The republican party of pre 2016 is gone and it's not coming back, the future is an america first, anti DC, working class/latino coalition.