My visit to the MN state fair

mikeman

Me and another guy were siting on a bench eating and a woman came up and said she wanted to take a picture of the bench. i asked if that's her favorite bench and she said she met her husband on that bench. it was very romantic.    I moved of course and the happy picture was taken.

4 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Me and another guy were siting on a bench eating and a woman came up and said she wanted to take a picture of the bench. i asked if that's her favorite bench and she said she met her husband on that bench. it was very romantic.    I moved of course and the happy picture was taken.

That's cool Mike.

Did the VA have a booth? 

When I was new and lacked seniority I had to do what they called outreach. In reality it was sitting around booths at State Fairs blabbing about disability and healthcare services for Veterans.

I hated it passionately. Old Vets would come by all day and brag about how they killed 100 Japs on Saipan or Iwo Jima...

9 minutes ago, mikeman said:

most human thing you have ever done, bravo, your getting to be a softie in your old age

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

That's cool Mike.

Did the VA have a booth? 

When I was new and lacked seniority I had to do what they called outreach. In reality it was sitting around booths at State Fairs blabbing about disability and healthcare services for Veterans.

I hated it passionately. Old Vets would come by all day and brag about how they killed 100 Japs on Saipan or Iwo Jima...

They knew your limits from the get go pal.

And now all these years later you are doing the same thing,,,sitting around the internet blabbing :laugh

4 minutes ago, RaiseThese said:

They knew your limits from the get go pal.

And now all these years later you are doing the same thing,,,sitting around the internet blabbing :laugh

I was new at the time, newbies always had to do that stuff.

Oddly my limitations didn't include years of facilitating groups of former P.OW.s  and Purple Heart recipients crying, shaking and confronting the emotional realities of combat and indefinite imprisonment. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

That's cool Mike.

Did the VA have a booth? 

Didn't see a VA booth, it was interesting - maybe 3% of people wore masks but a few sad little booths/bldgs had masks required signs - like the U of M - 3 or 4 young masked college kids standing outside their bldg wearing masks with no one inside. The woke WCCO building also had a big "please social distance" sign out - it's a busy state fair with thousands of people walking by and they do that. What are they thinking?