Im buried up to my asshole in Steak Dinners

RaiseThese

7 minutes ago, RaiseThese said:

Ive got most of the veggies put away but the steaks gonna take a while to vacuum seal

They packed them in butcher paper and a bag, its okay for now but need to do them right and treat the meat with RESPECT

No meat shortage here fellas!

No meat shortage sounds like something said at Brocks house when the ty and the squad are over 

Free play app....over the course of a year+ or so.

But they have weird cash in rules that necessitated her using all points within a week. I think she had about 7k -10k in retail credits, I didnt quiz her too hard on it.

She has literally been bringing me food all week but today was the mother lode.....s

Slabs of ribs, half a dozen filet mingons,  a couple Porterhouses , Lobster mac'n cheese......and more earlier this week, I cant even keep track

The gluttony is actually kinda embarrising, believe it or not but it was literally USE it or LOSE it situation.

10 hours ago, mikeman said:

I've had turkeys in the freezer for 5 yrs and they were just fine. As long as they're wrapped.

Correct 

air is your enemy when it comes to freezing food,I had the ability to buy a bunch of food on sale during the pandemic so some is at least 18 months old.Been slowly using and no problem do far

87140940-C5BF-4A07-B1CC-2BE5DD838CCE.jpeg

351912EE-12B7-48F3-A12D-D7DEF05AF7A6.jpeg

3 hours ago, mikeman said:

lotta people are paranoid about food, just like with covid. She prob doesn't think eggs last 4-5-6 months either.

True story, people are suckers and just believe expiration dates on food packaging without even understanding how and why they are created.

Eggs are incredibly durable.

Now on the other side of things, last Thanksgiving I found an old can of cranberrry sauce in the pantry, couldnt read the date but knew it had to be at least 5 years old.

Opened it up, looked great.....but it literally tasted like the can.....hahaha...no more old cranberry sauce for me.

17 minutes ago, RaiseThese said:

True story, people are suckers and just believe expiration dates on food packaging without even understanding how and why they are created.

Eggs are incredibly durable.

Now on the other side of things, last Thanksgiving I found an old can of cranberrry sauce in the pantry, couldnt read the date but knew it had to be at least 5 years old.

Opened it up, looked great.....but it literally tasted like the can.....hahaha...no more old cranberry sauce for me.

I've found 10-12 yr old  cans that had the same thing, so yea, 10 yrs is pushing it,  but anything under 5 yrs is gonna be just fine.

The only frozen thing that was awful was a pot pie I had in the freezer for a long, long time, i didn't realize they aren't wrapped(just loose inside a cardboard box), it was completely dried out. As far as the steaks go you should be able to gobble them up in a yr or two.