Biden's new driving tax is expected to cost you about 8 cents/mile

sleepy

It's supposedly a pilot program using volunteers who agree to let the government know of their driving habits by GPS. What could go wrong??

One thing I know about the government, programs never ever go away. Once they're funded and staffed the employees have a vested intrest in keeping programs going.

Even though the mission is to end hunger, the Department of Agriculture who runs the food stamp program doesn't really want to end hunger, it would cost them all their jobs. Thousands of jobs, same with welfare and Medicaid...

12 minutes ago, Axl Rose 2020 said:

how about the 12,500 rebate for buying fully electric cars built in the USA?

You dopes have an extremely myopic view of things

Remember when the govt started giving tax credits for college? guess what happened to the cost of school? Those $50-60K electric cars will soon cost 60-70 or more .

It's part if the big spending bill they're arguing about in D.C.

Buried on page 508 is a “national motor vehicle per-mile user fee pilot.” The purpose of the pilot would be to test the feasibility of a national per-mile charge, as well as increase public awareness of what this policy change might look like.

A per-mile user fee program would have drivers pay for every mile they drive rather than for each gallon of gas at the pump. Similar per-mile charge pilots are being deployed at the state level – Washington state’s pilot took place in 2018 and I had the chance to participate and share my experience. No actual financial transaction took place in the state pilot. I submitted miles through a GPS-transponder and connected third-party app on my smartphone, and received “invoices” showing how much I drove, how much I owed in mileage charges, and the total credit I would be given for the supposed gas tax I would have paid for those miles.

https://www.washingtonpolicy.org/publications/detail/national-mileage-tax-pilot-tucked-away-in-bidens-2700-page-infrastructure-bill