Anyone ever play in a blackjack tournament?

IAG

18 minutes ago, RaiseThese said:

I would call and see if you can find out tonight:bulb

My wager is on 7x7 one table shootouts, with the winners advancing to final table.

16 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Or 7 tables start, top 21 advance(3 tables), then top 7 final table. I know at running aces the tourneys take like 2-3 hrs if you're in all the way, so there must be quite a few rounds, along with breaks in between.

Just talked  to the people who are dealing tomorrow..  they said they are still trying to figure out exactly how they are doing it because they don’t know how many people will be there. Only rules they know now are no coaching and no string betting . Sounds like it’s kind of loosely being put together which I believe…this isn’t LV after all 

1 minute ago, IAG said:

No. Not in Deadwood.  I play them when I can. Caesars had one the last I was there.

Yeah , with the single 0 they still crushing BUT at least I feel like I had a shot to win.:laugh

I love roulette but that house edge is brutal. I prefer that the table is full so at least the game moves slower and I can drink more and have fun with the crowd while they raking me.

Ive read that some places have added a third green spot.

1 minute ago, RaiseThese said:

Yeah , with the single 0 they still crushing BUT at least I feel like I had a shot to win.:laugh

I love roulette but that house edge is brutal. I prefer that the table is full so at least the game moves slower and I can drink more and have fun with the crowd while they raking me.

Yes, I have heard of that as well.  I like a full table as well…or at least 2-3 others at a minimum.    

1 minute ago, RaiseThese said:

Roulette is about -6% EV, is that right? With 2 zero's.

12 minutes ago, RaiseThese said:

5.26, 2.7 with Eurpopean

One a side note this is my favorite gambling website..nothing else is as factual and comprehensive...all kinds of video poker guides

https://wizardofodds.com/

I've never "played" roulette, I have slapped down $5-10 a few times for a spin or two. I usually pick a section or row.

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

I've never "played" roulette, I have slapped down $5-10 a few times for a spin or two. I usually pick a section or row.

My favorite way to play when Im drunk and have the table to myself is literally this

I take a handful of chips, close my eyes and then just start dropping them on the felt....then I open my eyes and straighten out the chips