I've accepted the fact that I am one of 95 million Americans that will never work again

sleepy

One of the positions I applied for last week was at the company I had a 12 month contract with. They were looking for somebody to design safety guarding for some of their machines and when that project was over that person would be transitioned into a Manufacturing Engineering position. I was really excited about this and thought I would have an excellent shot at this job.

I have lots of experience designing safety guarding and worked 2 years at a company primarily doing that type of work and is clearly on my resume.

I have 20+ years experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer and worked 12 months as a contractor with the company in the same role.

I have people with this company that will give the hiring manager a glowing recommendation.

The technical recruiter for the company called me a few days ago and thought I would be an excellent fit for this position and said he would forward my resume to the hiring manager. Today he calls me up and says they are proceeding with other candidates. Usually I don't get that upset over rejection but this one really pissed me off and I started arguing with the recruiter telling him this was bullshit that I can't even get an fukking interview.

I applied for about 20 jobs the last two weeks and zero interest.

Fuck You Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama? Lol jobs up for everyone' date=' undoing bush with an incompetent congress ain't as easy as you appear to think. Thank you Obama my life is greatness.[/quote']

They say unemployment numbers are down only because so many people are not counted in the labor statistics anymore and have flat quit looking for work.