Wow! BAS From RX..Sad If True But Appears To Be

Buster

Despise the piece of shit that is owed,but if true and no reason to think it isn't... BAS is only 1 step below him..

https://www.therx.com/threads/1193990/

Backup in case deleted...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StraightUPWinners/comments/s75day/betallsports_aka_bas_at_therxforum_is_a_stiff/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betallsports aka BAS at theRXForum is a STIFF

As you may or may not know, I was a Moderator ‘Defying’ @ theRXforum aka theRX years ago for a handful of years. BAS is/was the head moderator of the forum at the time so the title of my boss isn’t that far off. I built a decent relationship with him during my time there. I found him to be a genuine and standup guy. I wrongly judged him to be one of the good ones.

I’m not creating this post to create drama. Everything is factual. I have no reason to lie as I’ve left these communities years ago. However, I feel compelled to share the information as he continues to be involved at the forum and in the community.

One of my favorite things about these forums throughout my time is the contests offered there. It provides unique gambling style contests, either forum or poster ran. TheRX had one of the biggest and best. It’s a structure like the now Circa and Westgate Contest where you pick 5 NFL games against the spread each week and the person with the most points wins. TheRX was able to generate $30,000+ prize pools for these contests. It made it very appealing and fun. A huge draw for theRX forum itself.

In 2018(?), the winners of the contest were claiming on the forum that they were not being paid by BAS who held the funds. BAS who recently had a stroke claimed he could not access the money because it was in a safety deposit box far from where he was receiving care and he was currently immobile and that it was only in his name so no one else could access it. This delay was quickly creating distrust on the online community that I loved and worked at for years. The heat was getting turned up on him and the forum publicly so I stepped in.

BAS, if you know him, then you know what I’m saying, but he is a very proud guy. He greatly cares about his reputation. In a convo with BAS, he assured me he has the money but simply couldn’t access it and would be able to very soon. So, I offered to pay out the winners and he would simply repay the money to me once he was healthy enough to access it.

I paid the money out of my own pocket. My bitcoin investment (which now would be worth 6 figures), plus with cash I had on hand. I paid every winner, every dollar they were owed. Approx $30,000. I have exact amounts and who received what to this day.

As time goes on and I’m getting a ton of excuses from BAS about his health and why he can’t pay yet. I did receive two separate $1,000 payments over the next 6 months, leaving a negative balance of roughly $28,000. BAS’ story over time becomes more erratic and more unbelievable with each deadline that passes. Sometimes these deadlines are ones he sets himself regarding the lie he is currently telling. At times, he completely abandons the lie that the money exists in the safe and goes to on to others on how he will get the money, like he’s selling his condo in FL or he’s selling his business. Then suddenly back to the money is in the safe, to dozens of lies and stories.

As you probably have gathered, I have not received another penny in years. I notified SBR forum, who owned theRX forum at that time. I notified the current owners of theRX forum. No one seems to care that I stepped up for the forum. BAS simply cannot pay nor has made any effort to make even the smallest payments. He simply is a broke stiff, stiffing the only person that stepped up for him.

For those that question why I would do this, that’s a great question. Even one of my closest forum friends who knew about it in real-time, questioned me. At the time, I thought I was being the most noble human I could be, something I continually strive to be.

Here I was to be fortunate enough to be in a position to help an old man out, who done right by me in the past. One that I believed was fighting for his life and didn’t need all the negative energy of an internet forum while he fought a life and death battle. All it would cost me was the couple hours it took to pay out the people. It would also help the people of the forum that I once LOVED, it was my internet home. If you ever had a true internet home, maybe that will make sense to you. It wasn’t just a random internet place to me. Plus, I wanted the players (the contest winners) to be paid, as they truly won a difficult contest, and we’re losing all hope they would be paid. They were angry and hurt. I thought this act of service would be easy enough, and help a ton of people.

BAS himself will not deny these allegations as he knows I have years of text messages and emails to prove otherwise. Furthermore, the winner themselves were paid directly by me. I was naïve to do such a thing, but this is my story regardless. That $30,000 would go a long way in improving my life right now and it’s a shame that trying to do a selfless good deed ends up impacting my future negatively. But I suppose, no good deed goes unpunished.

And now you know…

0Share

0 Comments sorted byBest
u/maryfrommichigan avatar

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Forum Moderators who put themselves in that position to begin with are fools.

BAS is a thief.

Are these guys thieves or just guys who lose all their money gambling and cant pay? Obviously some are like brock, ted I'm not sure, this BAS guy prob owes all kinds of people.

I hope this defying guy is uber rich because if he's not he's  a damn fool - this safety deposit box story is ridiculous - I'd drive out to the guy and personally help him down to the bank with the key before I'd just fork over the cash, at least then you'd find out if he's really in a hospital.