There Has Been Another Fake Elementary School Shooting.

The X

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WVU said:

But are their classmates?  You never know, pal.

Classmates?  Around my guns, of course.  They are locked and kept in various safes primarily for the fact that so many kids are around here are varying times that are not mine.  However,  As mine age I will continue to teach them responsible gun behavior.  And should the need ever arise I will hope they are comfortable enough to use said firearm to potentially defend themselves or their family.  

And unfortunately,  we continue to make day to day crime less of an issue so Im sure it will continue to grow.  I carry often and keep a "truck gun".  I won't hesitate to use should I feel myself or my family is in any sort of life threatening danger.  

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Classmates?  Around my guns, of course.  They are locked and kept in various safes primarily for the fact that so many kids are around here are varying times that are not mine.  However,  As mine age I will continue to teach them responsible gun behavior.  And should the need ever arise I will hope they are comfortable enough to use said firearm to potentially defend themselves or their family.  

And unfortunately,  we continue to make day to day crime less of an issue so Im sure it will continue to grow.  I carry often and keep a "truck gun".  I won't hesitate to use should I feel myself or my family is in any sort of life threatening danger.  

My point was you don’t know that your kids’ classmates have been as properly trained to handle themselves around guns like your kids.

4 minutes ago, WVU said:

No clue but I’m guessing it’s still a day off as most kids will miss that day anyway 

To old to remember, lol, but think we had the same gun classes in Iowa(we were not required to have hunting license unless actually hunting.........think age 16 it kicked in).

1 minute ago, FISHHEAD said:

To old to remember, lol, but think we had the same gun classes in Iowa(we were not required to have hunting license).

I recall a gun club at school, it was an after school class, kids would bring in their guns and the teacher would talk about them, show everyone how to clean/operate them, explain the differences, etc.

it was very strict that kids should keep their guns in their locker during school.

57 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

To old to remember, lol, but think we had the same gun classes in Iowa(we were not required to have hunting license unless actually hunting.........think age 16 it kicked in).

Requirements for an Iowa Hunting License According to Iowa regulations, all residents aged 16 years or older should get a hunting license. Also, residents aged between 16 and 64 are required to pay the Wildlife Habitat Fee.