Belmont Stakes Weekend

rdalert447

Stakes Day card looks terrible, but today’s looks decent. I bet a handful of races:

Race 1
$20 win #5 Shreveport 6-1
$2 exbx 5/6,7
$2 DD 5,6,7/5
$1 P3 5,6,7/5/ALL
Mott’s reputation over the years has been that of a turf master. But a few years back I researched his dirt route numbers, and they were even better than the grass starters. Since then, I’m always on the lookout for a Mott starter going long on dirt at a decent price. This horse ran decent in its dirt sprint debut, but was wide throughout and flat in the stretch. Hopefully a better trip and “second race improvement” today going a mile.

Race 2
$20 win #5 Radiant Gem 10-1
$2 DD 5/ALL
$1 P3 5/ALL/2,8
Always on the lookout for Klesaris in NY. Gets overlooked often but handles himself well there. This horse’s best two races have been going long on synthetic, so toss all the sprint failures. Synthetic form often translates to turf, so that’s what I’m hoping for today.

I got a little brave with the ALL button, since there’s only four horses in race 3. Good luck to anyone playing!

Race 10 

$20 win #4 Core Values 15-1

$2 exbx 4-7

.50c tri 4,7/ALL/4,7

$2 DD 4,7/1,4,10

Gotta play my old fave Vickie Oliver. These days, her horses owned by anyone but G Watts Humphrey are the way to go. Horse has been competitive in turf marathons and in stakes company. Nice prep last out at Kee at a Mile and a half. Oliver rarely ships to NY, so I am on alert. Rosario a huge upgrade over Bejarano. We need some speed up front, should be passing horses late with the cutback in distance.

Good luck the rest of the way….

I like the 6 in race 2, and the doubles look decent if the three outside horses fail, so played a DD
Race 1
$2 DD ALL/6

Race 2
$20 Win #6 Three Jokers 4-1
Terranova, who usually dominates when he shows up at Tampa, was awful this year. But he had a nice win on the Preakness undercard, so seems his barn is rounding into form. Not sure if we get the 4-1 though….