Stress test…anyone ever have one?

IAG

I’m having one shortly.  Just got injected with some radioactive dye.   At least during the test I can take off the mask.     Kind of wondering what to expect…googled a little,  but I like to hear experiences from people I know.    Probably should have asked earlier than 20 min til go time. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, EugeneMorgan said:

is that where they make you run on the treadmill.

had one years ago because i was having shooting pain in my shoulder and arm.

Passed the test with flying colors, turns out it was a torn rotator cuff.

Yeah, but no running..just walking with increasing speed and incline. I’ve had a torn rotator cuff…almost rather have heart issue that that.    Well maybe not, probably not  but that was not pleasant either 

2 hours ago, richsox24 said:

Its.not a big deal. They'll just get your heart pumping pretty hard (either from an injection or by putting u on a treadmill)  it's a pretty quick test but will tell the docs if there are any issues or blockages. 

Hope all goes well!

Thanks buddy.   They did blood work and looks like my kidneys may be in trouble.   I’m falling apart!!    But that’s just from me reading the flagged items.   Haven’t spoken to Doctor yet

1 minute ago, IAG said:

Thanks buddy.   They did blood work and looks like my kidneys may be in trouble.   I’m falling apart!!    But that’s just from me reading the flagged items.   Haven’t spoken to Doctor yet

If u have results of your blood work, does it show what your creatinine level is? That's usually the 1 number they go off of to determine kidney function. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Same.

Root canal at 3pm today...

Ugh, I just made dental appointment it can’t get in til Thursday.    Think I have a cavity.  PITA establishing care with all new docs

GL today.   Ps send pain medication 🙂

A normal result is 0.7 to 1.3 mg/dL (61.9 to 114.9 µmol/L) for men and 0.6 to 1.1 mg/dL (53 to 97.2 µmol/L) for women. Women often have a lower creatinine level than men. This is because women often have less muscle mass than men. Creatinine level varies based on a person's size and muscle mass.

A creatinine level of greater than 1.2 for women and greater than 1.4 for men may be an early sign that the kidneys are not working properly.

7 minutes ago, mike499 said:

Yearly walk in the park. My only problem is running or walking they can't get my heart pumping fast enough so I get the medicine that does the same thing. Tip ask for the medicine it speeds things up 

Already over.   Worked with the treadmill but was there 2.25 hours with blood work.  The medication route scared me actually..glad they were able to doregular way. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

A normal result is 0.7 to 1.3 mg/dL (61.9 to 114.9 µmol/L) for men and 0.6 to 1.1 mg/dL (53 to 97.2 µmol/L) for women. Women often have a lower creatinine level than men. This is because women often have less muscle mass than men. Creatinine level varies based on a person's size and muscle mass.

A creatinine level of greater than 1.2 for women and greater than 1.4 for men may be an early sign that the kidneys are not working properly.

Well that’s not good

3 minutes ago, IAG said:

Well that’s not good

Your kidneys are fine. My mom has had a creatinine level of 2.5ish for like 10 yrs. 

You're basically at the top range of normal. If you got tested again in a week, it might fall in the normal range. 

Maybe see a nephrologist about foods that can lower the level down...like adding a little more potassium to the diet.