Stress test…anyone ever have one?

IAG

20 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You're relatively young, tell them Homey dont play that game.

If they're doing a angioplasty they're looking for a blockage which might lead to a bypass or a stent, etc.. if your parents are alive I'd tell them to pound sand.

Both my parents have passed, but they were older when they had me.  Dad did have strokes though…He died at 81..Mom lived to 89.  I doubt they will find much, but ya never know.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, IAG said:

Both my parents have passed, but they were older when they had me.  Dad did have strokes though…He died at 81..Mom lived to 89.  I doubt they will find much, but ya never know.

The truth is I would trust Brocks medical judgement before I would trust my own dr's. Sounds like they've been testing you to death for a month now and cant let it go. first a ct scan, then a stress test, prob more that you haven't mentioned.

Ask them exactly why they want to do an angiagram? the testing industrial complex is a business.

29 minutes ago, mikeman said:

The truth is I would trust Brocks medical judgement before I would trust my own dr's. Sounds like they've been testing you to death for a month now and cant let it go. first a ct scan, then a stress test, prob more that you haven't mentioned.

Ask them exactly why they want to do an angiagram? the testing industrial complex is a business.

They want to do it because of the stress test findings I guess…to me those read as conflicting, but better safe than sorry I guess.    Went down a rabbit hole after the annual measuring of the aneurysm , which now they want to do every six months.   Echocardiogram, stress test, cat scan, now angiogram.  Didn’t help that my lipid panel was less than stellar…likely due, at least in part, to Keto.

Seems like years ago you had to beg for tests…Since Covid and the lessening  of elective procedures, seems like they do press testing more than they used to.   I figure I might as well do everything now and reach my out-of-pocket max with plenty of time in the year.     But I feel like the stress of all these tests may kill me before any possible cholesterol build-up will. 

19 minutes ago, IAG said:

They want to do it because of the stress test findings I guess…to me those read as conflicting, but better safe than sorry I guess.    Went down a rabbit hole after the annual measuring of the aneurysm , which now they want to do every six months.   Echocardiogram, stress test, cat scan, now angiogram.  Didn’t help that my lipid panel was less than stellar…likely due, at least in part, to Keto.

Seems like years ago you had to beg for tests…Since Covid and the lessening  of elective procedures, seems like they do press testing more than they used to.   I figure I might as well do everything now and reach my out-of-pocket max with plenty of time in the year.     But I feel like the stress of all these tests may kill me before any possible cholesterol build-up will. 

Insurance companies can't get away with denying expensive tests like they used to because physicians have gotten wise on how to get them approved. 

A Dermatologist friend told me that when he prescribes Humira for a patient it's nearly always challenged by RX coverage. He gets it approved 100% on appeal.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Insurance companies can't get away with denying expensive tests like they used to because physicians have gotten wise on how to get them approved. 

A Dermatologist friend told me that when he prescribes Humira for a patient it's nearly always challenged by RX coverage. He gets it approved 100% on appeal.

Interesting 🤔 

42 minutes ago, IAG said:

It's my understanding that hospitals are still relatively empty, many people(like me) are not going to the dr, not getting checkups and therefore not getting tests.

They are desperate to stay busy and get money, ,having said that maybe you need it, but buyer beware.

U likely have plaque buildup and partially clogged arteries. Sounds like a big deal but everyone has it to varying degrees. Don't let them out you on medicine and research natural remedies. Green leafy cruciferous veggies is the key and yes no one likes to eat them but stop and think.

Don't stress and do your own due diligence. 

. source: doctor friend u drink with and my gorgeous wife.

The VA has given in and patients get every costly test and procedure that exists now. They're approving acupuncture and chiropractic care that used to be drastically limited. 

Vets that got denied such things called their congressmen and things got approved quickly. 

Every denial to a Vet is potential front page news since the Phoenix Vets died on waiting lists.

7 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

U likely have plaque buildup and partially clogged arteries. Sounds like a big deal but everyone has it to varying degrees. Don't let them out you on medicine and research natural remedies. Green leafy cruciferous veggies is the key and yes no one likes to eat them but stop and think.

Don't stress and do your own due diligence. 

. source: doctor friend u drink with and my gorgeous wife.

I like green leafy cruciferous veggies.  I also like a good ribeye, but I have no problem changing my diet for the better.    My guess is that is what they come back with…exactly what you said.   I will go hard with more activity and better diet before any statins, blood thinners, beta blockers, and/or whatever else they push 

17 minutes ago, mikeman said:

It's my understanding that hospitals are still relatively empty, many people(like me) are not going to the dr, not getting checkups and therefore not getting tests.

They are desperate to stay busy and get money, ,having said that maybe you need it, but buyer beware.

Yep. Agreed.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

The VA has given in and patients get every costly test and procedure that exists now. They're approving acupuncture and chiropractic care that used to be drastically limited. 

Vets that got denied such things called their congressmen and things got approved quickly. 

Every denial to a Vet is potential front page news since the Phoenix Vets died on waiting lists.

I would imagine.   Might be overkill, but much worse things government spends money on them acupuncture for vets.