Fishhead, ever been here in Las Vegas?

Brock Landers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

A million opportunities to get filthy rich in this town back then.

Now it’s overcrowded, full of Californians, built out about as far as it can go, with fewer and fewer +EV gambling options.

and more opportunities for cheap eats, cheaper shows, etc

also no meth heads and broke bums sleeping on the sidewalk and/or begging for money

other than places being smokier, i would say 10x more fun back in the late 1980s/1990s when i started going

2 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

and more opportunities for cheap eats, cheaper shows, etc

also no meth heads and broke bums sleeping on the sidewalk and/or begging for money

other than places being smokier, i would say 10x more fun back in the late 1980s/1990s when i started going

Yeah it was much better when I first started going out there in the 80’s…even up until 10 years ago you could still find value and comps were easy. Haven’t been back since The Cold broke out. Not sure I’m going back anytime soon.

10 minutes ago, mikeman said:

On my walks down to the old Western there were almost always friendly people asking " are you looking"?

Was that the place with cheap beer and sawdust on the floor a couple blocks from the El Cortez? I took some buddies there years ago and did some day drinking and video poker, there were some seedy characters in that joint. Brock would have had rave reviews on their food selection.