**first day of ncaaf

milwaukee mike

Among the state fair highlights are the all the milk you can drink booth and the butter sculptures in the dairy building. Then you have the midway/carnival rides and games, you have the sky ride and the space needle. Another tradition for many is the tunnel of love(yee old mill), where you ride on a silly wooden boat through an old building - it's kinda fun.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.oQn_wHmV-wDzk7hOM-iVTwAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.5xEWU7twVW6xltJDVL6ynwAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

State Fair's Ye Old Mill: As timeless as a first kiss - Twin Cities

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Among the state fair highlights are the all the milk you can drink booth and the butter sculptures in the dairy building. Then you have the midway/carnival rides and games, you have the sky ride and the space needle. Another tradition for many is the tunnel of love(yee old mill), where you ride on a silly wooden boat through an old building - it's kinda fun.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.oQn_wHmV-wDzk7hOM-iVTwAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.5xEWU7twVW6xltJDVL6ynwAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

I’m most excited because for the first time this year they’re selling weed gummies right by the entrance! Seems perfect for an event where you eat a bunch of stoner type food anyways. 
https://www.fox9.com/news/vendor-selling-thc-edibles-across-street-from-minnesota-state-fair.amp

17 minutes ago, mikeman said:

How does the all you can drink milk work.....you gotta stand there and drink it ?

Just now, joeybagadonuts said:

I’m most excited because for the first time this year they’re selling weed gummies right by the entrance! Seems perfect for an event where you eat a bunch of stoner type food anyways. 
https://www.fox9.com/news/vendor-selling-thc-edibles-across-street-from-minnesota-state-fair.amp

I think you'll like it but prepare for the crowds, it's gonna be packed, sometimes you can barely move inside some of the buildings. Carry a beer with you and all will be well.

1 minute ago, RaiseThese said:

How does the all you can drink milk work.....you gotta stand there and drink it ?

They give you a smallish cup(6-8 oz) and you can keep getting it refilled as much as you want, honestly 2 or 3 at the most is plenty. It's cheap too, I dont remember but maybe $1.75-2. i guess you could carry the cup around and come back but that would be crazy since milk doesn't really go with most fair foods. it's a fun gimmick.

The fair is great, they have everything, haunted houses, mexican villages, lots of the buildings are just exhibitors trying to sell various crap, mostly it's eating.

1 hour ago, Brock Landers said:

Confederates in the attack 

As far as I know my family has owned zero slaves ever, but have always just been family oriented southerners.  

When integration happened for my parents the white kids were lined up on one side of the room, black kids on the other.  Black kids were scared out of their minds.  My mom was the first to reach across the room and befriend the black girl opposite her and tell her they were going to be friends.  The black girl asked her “really?”  Surprised and scared out of her mind that a white girl would be her friend, but now at ease that white people weren’t evil.  They’re still friends to this day.  The south isn’t what you think it is.

1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

As far as I know my family owned zero slaves ever, but have always just been family oriented southerners.  

When integration happened for my parents the white kids were lined up on one side of the room, black kids on the other.  Black kids were scared out of their minds.  My mom was the first to reach across the room and befriend the black girl opposite her and tell her they were going to be friends.  The black girl asked her “really?”  Surprised and scared out of her mind that a white girl would be her friend, but now at ease that white people weren’t evil.  They’re still friends to this day.  The south isn’t what you think it is.

6 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

I love AIC, every album they've done is excellent 

Realest stuff you will ever hear.  Nutshell was like Layne writing his own eulogy.  

Damnit it’s such a shame Layne couldn’t beat his addiction.  That last days fight with Mike Starr story is so sad.  87 pounds and 2 syringes full just in case to make sure he died.  We got some all-time great 90s music out of him though.

2 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Realest stuff you will ever hear.  Nutshell was like Layne writing his own eulogy.  

Damnit it’s such a shame Layne couldn’t beat his addiction.  That last days fight with Mike Starr story is so sad.  87 pounds and 2 syringes full just in case to make sure he died.  We got some all-time great 90s music out of him though.

This is one of the most heartfelt tunes I've ever heard

4 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

This one from Jerry Cantrell's first solo album is just a beautiful piece of music

1 minute ago, Brock Landers said:

Listen to Boggy Depot, 1997, Cantrell's album which is AIC without Staley at that point.

Layne is just a legend is all.  AIC is better than nothing with modern music but still not the same.  

AIC was hands down the best of that whole era.  Nirvana dumbly more popular and mainstream, as is Pearl Jam.  Soundgarden and Cornell probably had the best voice but nowhere close to the best music.

I dunno.  We basically watched the admitted death through music for about 6 years from Layne and then he became a recluse reality of it.  I think it’s the realest music of all-time and it’s awesome, but I really wish he beat his shit and could sing new stuff.  Modern music is awful.

15 hours ago, mikeman said:

They give you a smallish cup(6-8 oz) and you can keep getting it refilled as much as you want, honestly 2 or 3 at the most is plenty. It's cheap too, I dont remember but maybe $1.75-2. i guess you could carry the cup around and come back but that would be crazy since milk doesn't really go with most fair foods. it's a fun gimmick.

The fair is great, they have everything, haunted houses, mexican villages, lots of the buildings are just exhibitors trying to sell various crap, mostly it's eating.

I did it. It’s $2 and you can come back anytime

Had both regular and chocolate milk. Both were very good.