Fantasy MLB Handicapping quick question

maron

Does anyone else take the probable starters, add together the salaries from Draft Kings, and compare the teams playing?

I have an import feature on spreadsheet that totals the starting nine (AL) Eight (NL) plus the starting pitcher. I put it in a ratio, factor in vig, and compare with the prices from the Books. Then I note the largest difference in price that day and track the records...

Does anyone else take the probable starters, add together the salaries from Draft Kings, and compare the teams playing?

I have an import feature on spreadsheet that totals the starting nine (AL) Eight (NL) plus the starting pitcher. I put it in a ratio, factor in vig, and compare with the prices from the Books. Then I note the largest difference in price that day and track the records...

That is quite an interesting angle ... what does the record look like so far ?

I don't believe that this approach is a valid method for identifying value. DFS and their salaries have a completely different set of objectives and values than sports gambling. The single worst thing that could ever happen to DFS is for player pricing to be market efficient. By the same token, it would be equally damaging for player pricing to be completely out of bounds, as that would also reduce strategy. Essentially, DFS salaries partly reflect predictions for players' performances, but they also provide a means for DFS sites to manipulate the degree of strategy and ensure that their objectives are succeeding--trying to keep recreational and their more serious players happy and sticking around.

If anything, I could see the argument that odds are a tool that could be used for DFS purposes, but not the other way around.

I like numbers, stats, and metrics. Half of the fun is trying out new systems or ideas to see if they have legs and can run.....

Might be flawed but the spreadsheet is already created...so im going to burn some units either way on this

TY for the input

If anything, I could see the argument that odds are a tool that could be used for DFS purposes, but not the other way around.

exactly

The salaries are often way off

Danny Duffy was one of the cheapest options last night

he got shelled but it made no sense

salaries are loosely based off past performance and do not factor in matchups

I bet you'd lose quite a bit if you made bets based off DFS salaries

I like numbers, stats, and metrics. Half of the fun is trying out new systems or ideas to see if they have legs and can run.....

Might be flawed but the spreadsheet is already created...so im going to burn some units either way on this

TY for the input

Agreed it may not make for a usable system and may be worthless in the end , but half the fun is giving it a try and see how it pans out !

Every now and then whats seems crazy and unlikely works out ...