Moved to our new place in Graça, Lisbon

HurryUpAndDrink

On 10/3/2022 at 12:23 PM, joeybagadonuts said:

El Illuminati???

Fort of Our Lady of Grace
Local name: Forte de Nossa Senhora da Graça
Fort located one kilometer from the city of Elvas in Portugal. Built in 1792 by Józef I the Reformer, used during numerous wars, today it is a tourist attraction in the small village of Alcáçova. What's more, Forte de Nossa Senhora da Graça was inscribed on the Unesco World Heritage List in 2014.

After centuries of use as a military facility and prison, in 2014 Forte de Nossa Senhora da Graça was classified as a ruin. It was not until 2015 that the fort underwent renovation and was transformed into a museum open to visitors.

Fort La Lippe, because this is its historical name, is a 150-meter long four-sided building with pentagonal bastions in the corners. It is worth paying attention to the monumental entrance to the building, also known as the Dragon Gate. The entire building is also surrounded by a dry moat.

7 hours ago, HRWager said:

Hurry have you been to a cervajeria? I had the best meal of my life at Ramiro`s in Lisbon

I dont think so... been to tascas, taverns, lots of cafés, and a few restaurants

Best meal of your life? REALLY?

Well, I'd be damned... Im telling the wife tomorrow we are going

I just got reminded this is where Anthony Bourdain went to for No Reservations back in the day

Reviews seem very good 4.5/5

Gonna be hitting this spot in the next weeks and report back here

THANK U PAL! Hope all is well!

3 minutes ago, HurryUpAndDrink said:

I dont think so... been to tascas, taverns, lots of cafés, and a few restaurants

I just got reminded this is where Anthony Bourdain went to for No Reservations back in the day

Yeah the locals said that it’s overpriced and for tourists since Tony went there. We went there anyways and it was just amazing. I paid about 150 euros for a bottle of wine, some crab dip, crab legs, shrimp, jamón serrano and coffee I think. We had dinner with a Cuban couple from Miami and we basically spent like 5 hours eating and drinking.

7 hours ago, HRWager said:

Yeah the locals said that it’s overpriced and for tourists since Tony went there. We went there anyways and it was just amazing. I paid about 150 euros for a bottle of wine, some crab dip, crab legs, shrimp, jamón serrano and coffee I think. We had dinner with a Cuban couple from Miami and we basically spent like 5 hours eating and drinking.

150 euros for tons of drinks in between 4 people, and a complete meal?

Or you paid 150eu for you and the wife?

so I guess, 4 drinks, 3 main courses and 2 desserts should be around 75euros?

wife aint gonna be happy lol, she's always watching over saving money and net over spending

Today I spent 155eu at Pingo Doce for groceries for 10 days more or less and she was baffled lol

I can afford a 75 euro dinner no problem, once or twice a month lol

We are saving for the church wedding in April and she is a watchdog 🙂

2 hours ago, HurryUpAndDrink said:

Saw it.  You should read his book if you haven't already.