The latest poker cheating scandal

redstripe

27 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Very predictable that Sleepy the Liar has contempt of women.

Let's see, Dumb Joey thinks she won fair and square,  Richsox thinks she had to cheat. I'm siding with Rich.

I read Robbi was wealthy? Could be a reason she gave back the money. But I think she knew her opponents hole cards or someone tipped her off?

Only people that still have 2 feet can comment here. 

So fuck off stumpy. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

100% cheat.  All I need to know is that she gave the money back and Phil Ivey was involved in the game.  Total cheat per my best friend who plays in high stakes games involving some of his goons like Paul Pierce.  Everybody knows to never get involved with them or Phil because they all cheat.

Eh you’re way off on this. 
Phil has a pristine rep

3 hours ago, richsox24 said:

This is actually a good point. If I beat someone fair and square in a big pot, I'm not giving them jack shit back. 

negreanu made a good point, that giving the money back actually HELPS her case... a rotten thief cheater would NEVER give the money back

she was getting bullied and threatened, and to her it made more sense to just give it back

if she was cheating it was about the dumbest cheat ever... waits for a hand where she is 50/50 to call an all-in?  if you are getting buzzed when you have the best hand, you aren't calling huge bets on the turn like that at 50/50... you're waiting until big river bets

33 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

negreanu made a good point, that giving the money back actually HELPS her case... a rotten thief cheater would NEVER give the money back

she was getting bullied and threatened, and to her it made more sense to just give it back

if she was cheating it was about the dumbest cheat ever... waits for a hand where she is 50/50 to call an all-in?  if you are getting buzzed when you have the best hand, you aren't calling huge bets on the turn like that at 50/50... you're waiting until big river bets

I didnt hear she was getting bullied or threatened. I just know the guy that lost the pot was leaving the table.

Just now, richsox24 said:

I didnt hear she was getting bullied or threatened. I just know the guy that lost the pot was leaving the table.

he left the table and made her have a private discussion where he threatened her and said everyone would know she was a cheater

both parties agreed about that... they disagree on whether she offered the money back first, or if he asked for it

but why would someone lose lose lose (while presumably cheating) then win a hand and give the money back?  her 50/50 partner was pissed that she gave it back... the only way to me that her cheating would make sense is her 50/50 partner knew she sucked at poker but was trying to collude with her or help her cheat

Some guy who worked on the production team got caught stealing $15k off her stack after the stream. She declined to press charges.  They also follow one another on Twitter. 

Super suspicious. Maybe they did cheat and everyone involved is insanely dumb and they cheated in the worst way possible. If shes innocent, which she still could be, she has the worst luck ever. 

Here is my observation about human nature and how we think if x then y MUST be true.

In reading opinions around the interwebs

One portion says "Well because she gave it back then that MUST mean she wasnt cheating because a crook would keep the money"

One portion says "Well she MUST have been cheating otherwise why would you return an honest win"

And then we try to argue a MATTER OF FACT conclusion based on a tenuous premise.

The bottom line....your assumptions mean diddly squat, they are only guesses.

I see suspicious acts but no proof.  I cant understand if she did nothing wrong why she would give the money back? if you take a huge risk and get lucky you dont give the money back - that's the whole reason you took a risk.

My experience playing home games back in the day when poker was popular is that many women are unbluffable, they often call with little or even nothing because they want to see your cards. You can bluff a guy easily, you cant bluff a bad woman player.