Do Any of You Guys Drink Here?

rdalert447

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

Make sure drink lots pure water for kidneys.

Lol again it's all a gamble.  Mike Thistle is useless for the liver.  Liver detox crap is useless.  Water for the kidneys is useless.  You can't just do whatever you please and think you'll be ok as long as you take a supplement or 2 and drink some water.  Drink like this maybe you'll be fine, and maybe you won't.  Do you really wanna mess with a vital organ that gives no symptoms until it's too late is what you need to ask yourself.

With that said I say you and the wife keep pounding away.  Clearly ya'll are not genetic pussies.

3 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

Follow the progress on my health/gaming forum.

I'm sure your intentions are 30-40 but the over is the sharp play.  I mean LSU/Iowa beaverball is tomorrow night.  We can pencil in 25 right there.  A whole 29 days to go after that.  No chance

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

The worst thing I ever did was tell that kid that ibuprofen before bed and next am is the only hangover cure imaginable and won't fuck up your liver like Tylenol.  It's not great for your kidneys though.  He turned that into "YEAAHHH BUDDY NOW I CAN WASTED EVERY NIGHT AND SHOW UP TO WORK THE NEXT DAY FEELING SOMEWHAT OK."

It's all a gamble.  Some people get cirrhosis early.  Some never get it.  My dad just lost one of his life long friends to cirrhosis at 89 after a lifetime of drinking.  At 89 who gives a shit.  The scary thing is that it's called the silent killer for a reason.  Your liver has no nerve feelings so you can be damaging it really badly and feel nothing, and then BAM the symptoms of a liver totally fucked show up overnight.

Ibuprofen is better than tylenol but not without risks, I dont think you should take it after drinking regularly.

11 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Ibuprofen is better than tylenol but not without risks, I dont think you should take it after drinking regularly.

I’m no doctor.  My friend told me the nurses told him that was no good either, but other family friend nurses said Ibuprofen is safe for the liver.  Just not the kidneys.  He’s well again, but cut all contact with me and never spoke to me again.  Maybe he blames me for ibuprofen recommendation.  He had a lot of warning signs before turning into big bird.  Hair falling out, losing a lot of weight.  Kept drinking vodka all day at work and all night.  Whatever glad he’s alive.

The only alternative is G2, but takes all day.

19 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I’m no doctor.  My friend told me the nurses told him that was no good either, but other family friend nurses said Ibuprofen is safe for the liver.  Just not the kidneys.  He’s well again, but cut all contact with me and never spoke to me again.  Maybe he blames me for ibuprofen recommendation.  He had a lot of warning signs before turning into big bird.  Hair falling out, losing a lot of weight.  Kept drinking vodka all day at work and all night.  Whatever glad he’s alive.

The only alternative is G2, but takes all day.

Wow, I'm amazed he's recovered considering where he was, that's wonderful news.

I would guess he's cut ties to you because you harped on him about drinking and he ignored you.

What do you mean by G2?

25 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Wow, I'm amazed he's recovered considering where he was, that's wonderful news.

I would guess he's cut ties to you because you harped on him about drinking and he ignored you.

What do you mean by G2?

Gatorade G2.  It has the right balance of salt to sugar vs trying to just drink water and peeing it all out.

I was definitely no angel and he looked up to me bc I snagged the hottest chick at our job and did next to nothing to do make it happen.  He was a 30 year old virgin and dying for any chick to like him.  Professionaly I think he wants to move on and not have anybody know about his past.  That and he just thinks I’m a bad influence.  Whatever I wish him well and hope he’s ok.  Pretty fucked up that he couldn’t even say sorry when I told him sorry about his dad having early demntia and told him my dad had parkinson’s and he couldn’t even say sorry to hear.

I would tell him about all my golf winnings and it would just make him upset like he was a failure bc he didn’t make enough at his job to make his stupid ex-gf single mom happy.  I told him I’d tell him who to bet every week and to join in , but he just got sadder the more I won.

2 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Imagine fucking your liver up so bad that you can never even have a beer againat 33.  Wow that must suck.

Still, if he's no longer jaundiced, weak and sick that's amazing. Chances are his liver is now "almost shot"(as opposed to being at deaths door) and he wont make it to 50 or 60, but you never know.,

I  never had a cure for hangovers, just water and maybe juices, I'd say at 9 am I'm not going to drink again for a long time but start feeling better by mid afternoon and then head out again that night. I would tone it down that 2nd day,

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Still, if he's no longer jaundiced, weak and sick that's amazing. Chances are his liver is now "almost shot"(as opposed to being at deaths door) and he wont make it to 50 or 60, but you never know.,

This was him 6 months after his diagnosis.  I think he's ok.  His doctors told him that he can never drink again for at least a year, and probably never again.  And a liver transplant was maybe something to consider down the road but not needed now.  As you can see he's not jaundiced anymore and not with ascites.  He's just a POS that doesn't care about anybody other than himself.

image.png.1666b3aaf100e1cff04600e72f908cb8.png