Bowl games around the corner , never too early to start talking 1,2,3 star contest

RaiseThese

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quicky condensed rules to refresh your memories

15 picks total, 5 ea of 1stars, 2star, or 3 star picks, sides or totals.  You get 1/2 star value for tie. Most stars win

Make 1 best bet pick to use as a TB.

2nd tie breaker Guess total points for 2 semifinal CFB game and add them up. Closest wins

We can debate payout but this format has worked in the past:

9 or less players winner take all

10+  70/30

20+ 60/30/10

So Im willing to continue hyping it up but

1. We need someone to hold the funds

2. We need someone to keep score, the spreadsheets that crybaby do are nice, but if we are just posting our picks in a thread then we dont HAVE to have an

official scorekeeper.

From the responses so far, just getting 10 people would be a surprise......There were 11 entries last year (remember when we would get 25-30 every year)

REading through last years thread and what a mess it turned out to be with cancellations, but I dont remember a game being cancelled due to Covid this year. Guess we should come up with a rule about cancellations either way.

Ok now that weekend football is almost done, lets get this going.

If no one is willing to bank and if there is minimal interest we can do pay afterwards with a handful of trusted members like we did 2 years ago.

Im 100 percent in but if it doesnt go I will enter some other bowl contest instead in next couple days.....

17 minutes ago, Shavencoinpurse said:

I’m in and don’t mind grading and holding funds. However, I’ve never created a google spreadsheet like we have had it in the past where everyone can see it. So, someone set it up and post the lines we will use. I’ll bank and grade the contest

Sounds good, and if someone can do the spreadsheet thing then great

But from response sol far, it looks like about 10 entries max ......we can just see for ourself who everyone has.....I will be happy to combine all picks into one thread after we start so everyone can easy reference who everyone else has.