Friend’s Health Question

Gmcarroll33

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Did you ever turn yellow from jaundice during any of this?  His diagnosis was basically that his days of drinking were over for forever, but they didn’t tell him he had cirrhosis.  I don’t know how they diagnose that, but it sure seems to fit the only stage of liver disease that can happen at.

Yes multiple times. Was told I had cirrhosis it took a few years but I tested with normal liver function about eight years ago.

Just now, Gmcarroll33 said:

That's good to know for you, and maybe gives him hope.  I just screen shot it and told him this.  Hopefully it let's him know he was plenty of hope.

He will be ok. It’s hard really hard but its doable. My advice would be as humbling as it may be take help from whoever is willing. AA wasn’t for me but I know its helped many people. Start there

Cirrhosis means your liver is so scarred that very little healthy liver tissue remains(the healthy tissue is replaced by scar tissue) and it cant function normally. He almost certainly has severe scarring or he wouldn't have jaundice, that doesn't mean it's so bad he cant live however.

Is he showing any improvement after supposedly not drinking for a few weeks?

13 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Cirrhosis means your liver is so scarred that very little healthy liver tissue remains(the healthy tissue is replaced by scar tissue) and it cant function normally. He almost certainly has severe scarring or he wouldn't have jaundice, that doesn't mean it's so bad he cant live however.

Is he showing any improvement after supposedly not drinking for a few weeks?

Not from what I saw yesterday.  The ER drained fluid from his stomach that I never saw so that’s gone, but if he was really yellow a month ago and quit he’s still yellow today, and he’s still swollen in the ankles so that’s not good to know.

i reached out to him about things that have nothing to do with his situation and just tried to shoot some bs with him.  He won’t respond.  He’s got worse than physical stuff going on.  His mind doesn’t seem up for this.  I’ve never heard anything about his mind ever.  His stupid ex gf who is the only girl he’s ever dated in his life is causing a lot of the torture.  Lol she hates me.