OT - Snow chains

HRWager

Im going to  Europe at the end of the month and Im renting a car in London and I plan to drive through several European countries for a couple of weeks. There will be plenty of snow. They cant guarantee me that Ill get a four wheel drive. I was planning to buy some snow chains. Are they legit? Do you use them only when your car gets stuck? 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I've chained-up more times than I'd like to remember.

Chains still suck but they've gotten a little better, cable chains are the way to go.

Tip: If you don't have a flashlight and a pliers don't bother trying to put them on at night...

Yup. And if you’re never out chains on, it’s not exactly easy the first time. Watch a YouTube vid or 2 so you know wtf you’re doing before you’re faced with putting them on in the middle of a  snow storm. 

On 12/18/2022 at 3:21 AM, nothing but winners said:

LOL PAL WOMAN DRIVE IN SNOW,YOU WILL BE OK.........ALSO DONT THEY HAVE PLOWS? IM SURE THEY PLOW THE ROADS...TOUGHEN UP, PIT YOUR BIG BOY PANTS ON AND YOU ILL BE OK IN A 2 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE 

lol, Im going to the Swiss Alps so I assume that there will be plenty of snow in Grindelwald. Ive driven in snow plenty of times but this might be different.

On 12/18/2022 at 11:55 AM, joeybagadonuts said:

Yup. And if you’re never out chains on, it’s not exactly easy the first time. Watch a YouTube vid or 2 so you know wtf you’re doing before you’re faced with putting them on in the middle of a  snow storm. 

Yeah I was watching them and it looks almost as annoying as changing a tire lol and my hands will probably freeze since I dont see myself setting up the chains with my fat fingers and those huge gloves on.