Stocks you're buying right now...

PatrickBateman

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, richsox24 said:

I think you'll be able to get Disney and Amazon even cheaper in a few months. 

Recent buys for me this week are Estee Lauder, Amex, and Halliburton. 

Gunna be a rough few months ahead though. 

Trimmed some of my Estee Lauder and Halliburton for some profits. 

And bought OXY at $64ish at the close today. Will be a short term trade. 

Next 2 weeks aren't gunna be pretty imo. 

GameStop. Video games do well in recessions and they’re well positioned. Trading at less than 1x revenue while transforming into a tech company. The trading platform they’ve  built with Immutable X for web gaming which  allows buying and selling of games as well as skins and ad ons across many platforms (think fortnight, etc) will be huge imo. Have an absolutely BIBLICAL position currently. 

Just now, joeybagadonuts said:

GameStop. Video games do well in recessions and they’re well positioned. Trading at less than 1x revenue while transforming into a tech company. The trading platform they’ve  built with Immutable X for web gaming which  allows buying and selling of games as well as skins and ad ons across many platforms (think fortnight, etc) will be huge imo. Have an absolutely BIBLICAL position currently. 

But...

Don't most of us download our gaming content straight from Sony and Microsoft instead of traveling to a physical store?

Why not something like Electronic Arts?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

But...

Don't most of us download our gaming content straight from Sony and Microsoft instead of traveling to a physical store?

Why not something like Electronic Arts?

Absolutely. They’ve been shrinking their retail presence the last few years. Focusing on e-commerce and web gaming. They’re transforming their business model and have  added management from some of the big video game studios and a TON of former Amazon executives. Feel they have  potential for hyper growth over the next few years despite being a legacy company. Easily my biggest position I’ve ever taken on stock by orders of magnitude. 

Oh and I should have pointed out they also have a self custodial crypto/nft wallet. No chance to get FTXed as only the account holder w passkey can access what is in it. I’m a big fan of self custodial holdings which is why I hold the majority of my stocks w a transfer agent in my own name rather than at a brokerage. 

Gamestop also has zero debt, $1b cash on hand , and almost a $1b in inventory which is great in a high inflationary environment