Can see why people are leaving California in record numbers

sleepy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/27/2023 at 6:30 PM, mikeman said:

I use approx 15 KWH/day and I have a space heater going on me whenever I'm on the computer. Using 60hwh/day is a huge amount.

Will you be partaking in more free money from Biden? I am on it... Going to get 14k worth of free suff...New heat pump,new stove,new hot water heater,and house rewired...Coming soon!

https://electrek.co/2023/01/25/inflation-reduction-act-calculator/

2 minutes ago, Buster said:

Will you be partaking in more free money from Biden? I am on it... Going to get 14k worth of free suff...New heat pump,new stove,new hot water heater,and house rewired...Coming soon!

https://electrek.co/2023/01/25/inflation-reduction-act-calculator/

My fridge and stove are fairly new, my furnace is 15ish years old but a new one would do me no good since I cant get a 90% + furnace because of exhaust issues.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:57 PM, Teddy kgb said:

Everyone in California was sent a notice that their gas bill would double in January….many asked if it was just for that month…lol, sure it is…

My electric bill has been a steady $340 a month so I just got solar…$180 a month for 25yrs set in stone…so they say 

Fuckers came to my door selling solar and said I could get panels for like 150.00 per month for 30 years I think? I told them why would I do that,my average electric bill is 60.00 per month...Stupid ass neighbor did it...HaHa

4 minutes ago, mikeman said:

My fridge and stove are fairly new, my furnace is 15ish years old but a new one would do me no good since I cant get a 90% + furnace because of exhaust issues.

Exhaust issues exists for gas right?Can you switch to electric? Plug in you zip code etc on chart and they tell you what you can buy

9 minutes ago, Buster said:

Exhaust issues exists for gas right?Can you switch to electric? Plug in you zip code etc on chart and they tell you what you can buy

Almost no one here has electric heat - gas is way cheaper. My furnace is 80%, it exhausts up the chimney like normal, a 90% furnace has to exit through the side of the house, because of the location of my meters and deck it's not practical. i dont care because the savings would really not be that great with a high efficiency - they do cost another couple grand.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:44 PM, mikeman said:

I haven't said a word about the fundraiser but i dont like that kind of thing. 

It was squares so i figured some here would contribute.  I promise when i posted you were not my target audience.  

I have no problem with your welfare lifestyle but obviously would not be looking to or considering your feelings when posting looking for someone to help others. 

On 1/29/2023 at 2:23 PM, FairWarning said:

Good stuff, my house definitely needs upgrading.

You are welcome...My house was built in 2020,but mothers house was 1974 and no updates whatsoever,so as long as theses stupid motherfuckers keep giving away free money I will take it...Also notice that renters are able to apply...So a renter can apply for this...Disgusting...Get it while you can...

On 1/29/2023 at 2:36 PM, Downsouth said:

It was squares so i figured some here would contribute.  I promise when i posted you were not my target audience.  

I have no problem with your welfare lifestyle but obviously would not be looking to or considering your feelings when posting looking for someone to help others. 

Guy steals from the food pantry and claims poverty so he can get free health insurance. Total fucking scumbag.

12 minutes ago, PatrickBateman said:

Guy steals from the food pantry and claims poverty so he can get free health insurance. Total fucking scumbag.

I dont claim poverty, I meet the definition, the fact that I'm rich and still eligible is a sign of the sickness of our country.

A year or two ago some rich guy was lobbying the legislature to change the standards because he was eligible for food stamps even though he had millions, they refused to change anything.

35 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I dont claim poverty, I meet the definition, the fact that I'm rich and still eligible is a sign of the sickness of our country.

A year or two ago some rich guy was lobbying the legislature to change the standards because he was eligible for food stamps even though he had millions, they refused to change anything.

You meet the definition because you move your finances around.

Fucking scumbag.

11 minutes ago, PatrickBateman said:

You meet the definition because you move your finances around.

Fucking scumbag.

I move nothing around, it stays right where it is(in my IRA's), by not withdrawing it(actually only making modest withdraws) - and thus having those withdrawls become taxable income, my taxable income is low.

If my taxable income is low I'm considered to be dirt poor. :deemer

If you want to help a fellow poster out pat, I could use a little extra cash. I get a little skittish if I have less than a grand in my wallet.

5 hours ago, mikeman said:

Rich might be a bit of an overstatement.  

• 1 year later...