If you're ever in Arizona...

KingRevolver

3 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

What didn’t you like about AZ? 

Maybe I was just too young to enjoy it myself.  My family took a trip to the west coast when I was 10.  Started in Arizona, then  Vegas, Salt Lake, Jackson Hole, Boise, and then Montana.  All I remember about Arizona is that it completely sucked to me and my family couldn’t wait to get the hell out asap and move on to the next part of the trip.  Just barren, ugly, no trees anywhere, and kind of boring.  No lakes or rivers and I’m a water person.  Very different from Georgia.

1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Maybe I was just too young to enjoy it myself.  My family took a trip to the west coast when I was 10.  Started in Arizona, then  Vegas, Salt Lake, Jackson Hole, Boise, and then Montana.  All I remember about Arizona is that it completely sucked to me and my family couldn’t wait to get the hell out asap and move on to the next part of the trip.  Just barren, ugly, no trees anywhere, and kind of boring.  No lakes or rivers and I’m a water person.  Very different from Georgia.

Ahhh, gotcha. Plus you likely came during summer when it was roasting. 

There are green spots in AZ, but def few n far between. 

9 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

Ahhh, gotcha. Plus you likely came during summer when it was roasting. 

There are green spots in AZ, but def few n far between. 

Haha my ex aunt had parents that lived there and they were they cheapest people I've ever encountered in my life.  They had a nice mountain home with a pool but were too cheap to stay there when it got hot so they would go to a mobile home community.  That's where we got the luxury of staying on our visit.  In fairness they did show us ghost towns and things we never would have found on our own, but I don't have any fond memory of Arizona or any desire to take a random trip there.  Plus I will always hate Simon and Bibby for beating UNC in the F4.  My best friend from high school is married to somebody from the Flagstaff area.  She cool.

Just now, Gmcarroll33 said:

Haha my ex aunt had parents that lived there and they were they cheapest people I've ever encountered in my life.  They had a nice mountain home with a pool but were too cheap to stay there when it got hot so they would go to a mobile home community.  That's where we got the luxury of staying. on our visit.  In fairness they did show us ghost towns and things we never would have found on our own, but I don't have any fond memory of Arizona or any desire to take a random trip there.  Plus I will always hate Simon and Bibby for beating UNC in the F4.  My best friend from high school is married to somebody from the Flagstaff area.  She cool.

At least the ending is good for AZ there 🙊🙊

8 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

Lolol

Is the Simon/Bibby team still the only team to defeat 3 1 seeds? 

Yep.  Looking back at it, it wasn't really that unbelievable.  Kansas had Jacque Vaughn not right, Jarrod Haase couldn't even dribble with a broken wrist, and Scott Pollard had a messed up back.  That game had a hell of a last few minutes.

UNC should have won it all with Dean in his last year but Shammond Williams couldn't hit shit.  Nor could he next year vs Utah in the F4.  A 40% 3pt shooter suddenly turned into a complete blank vs Zona and Utah.  Zona had already beat us without Simon to start the season when Bibby was a green Freshman.  Not surprising they beat us again.

RAGE that a team of Jamison, Carter, Cota, and Williams didn't win a title.  Those teams were ridiculously fun.

As sad I was at 12 that Zona won, I was happy they beat UK.  I root against all blue bloods not UNC unless they're playing dook.

Yep.  Looking back at it, it wasn't really that unbelievable.  Kansas had Jacque Vaughn not right, Jarrod Haase couldn't even dribble with a broken wrist, and Scott Pollard had a messed up back.  That game had a hell of a last few minutes.

UNC should have won it all with Dean in his last year but Shammond Williams couldn't hit shit.  Nor could he next year vs Utah in the F4.  A 40% 3pt shooter suddenly turned into a complete blank vs Zona and Utah.  Zona had already beat us without Simon to start the season when Bibby was a green Freshman.  Not surprising they beat us again.

As sad I was at 12 that Zona won, I was happy they beat UK.  I root against all blue bloods not UNC unless they're playing dook.

I remember being happy that UA won those games, but your level of detail about them is impressive! 

Just now, Machiavelli said:

I remember being happy that UA won those games, but your level of detail about them is impressive! 

Yes I lived and breathed bball during that era.  My aunt sent me a UNC national title hat in 1993 and I was hooked.  1995 I visited DC with my mom/brother and her friend/daughter.  I was sitting at a restaurant bar watching the F4 vs Arkansas.  Some random Mexican bartender kicked me out for not being 21.  UNC was cruising.  As soon as I got kicked out they went a crazy drought  of 13 minutes without a field goal.  Damn that Mexican.

1997 is when I first really started following.  Came home from eating that night and going to Blockbuster and I turn CBS on to see #1 Kansas is losing by 13 with only a few minutes to go.  Jaw dropped like most people.

Anyways, dear diary but there's next to nothing from 1995 and beyond college bball wise that I wouldn't be able to recollect about.

3 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Yes I lived and breathed bball during that era.  My aunt sent me a UNC national title hat in 1993 and I was hooked.  1995 I visited DC with my mom/brother and her friend/daughter.  I was sitting at a restaurant bar watching the F4 vs Arkansas.  Some random Mexican bartender kicked me out for not being 21.  UNC was cruising.  As soon as I got kicked out they went a crazy drought  of 13 minutes without a field goal.  Damn that Mexican.

1997 is when I first really started following.  Came home from eating that night and going to Blockbuster and I turn CBS on to see #1 Kansas is losing by 13 with only a few minutes to go.  Jaw dropped like most people.

Anyways, dear diary but there's next to nothing from 1995 and beyond college bball wise that I wouldn't be able to recollect about.

Daaamn!

So, GA football; UNC hoops?

I remember watching Jamison, Carter and Stackhouse and thinking each would be beyond amazing. 

Great careers, but my hype on them was wild. 

13 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

Daaamn!

So, GA football; UNC hoops?

I remember watching Jamison, Carter and Stackhouse and thinking each would be beyond amazing. 

Great careers, but my hype on them was wild. 

Nope UNC any sport for me.  Having 2 teams is gay.  A lot of people in Georgia try to pull exactly what you described.

Antawn is the man btw.  Coolest and nicest athlete I’ve ever met.  Vince was cool too.  My brother sees him up at the golf course he’s a member at regularly.  He’s an Atlanta guy now.  I met CP3 in Vegas during the summer league when he was straight out of college.  Nice as could be too.  He even signed my summer league game ticket.

Nope UNC any sport for me.  Having 2 teams is gay.  A lot of people in Georgia try to pull exactly what you described.

Antawn is the man btw.  Coolest and nicest athlete I’ve ever met.  Vince was cool too.  My brother sees him up at the golf course he’s a member at.  He’s a Atlanta guy now.  I met CP3 in Vegas during the summer league when he was straight out of college.  Nice as could be too.

Ah, I thought I saw you claim GA football as yours. Or maybe I just did that association by assuming. 

Agree about the two teams thing, which is why I begrudgingly support UA football lol. But once I became a Wildcat myself, it became easier to accept winning or losing from all their teams. 

45 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I've been to AZ quite a few times, really enjoyed it, climbed camelback, etc, thought phoenix was a nice town, of course we stayed in scottsdale which is the rich part i guess. If you're retired and have money i think arizona would be great.

There's just no water or trees anywhere.  You need lakes and rivers.  I guess it's cool if you want to play golf or work for the Cartel.

32 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I like the non-stop sunshine about being out there.  But to do anything more than visit is a pass for me.

Mn has 15000 lakes and 1/2 of it is forest, i rarely go to either. I enjoy hiking, i much prefer to hike in a southwestern landscape than in Mn, in the woods you cant see anything because of the trees.

Just now, mikeman said:

Mn has 15000 lakes and 1/2 of it is forest, i rarely go to either. I enjoy hiking, i much prefer to hike in a southwestern landscape than in Mn, in the woods you cant see anything because of the trees.

Well duh MN sucks.  Everybody knows that.  I'm sure it's cool if you like to go ice fishing or something frozen like.  I'm talking southern waters and trees.  That's where God's beauty is at.