Never cried before while watching a State of the Union...

KingRevolver

4 hours ago, Bigrunner said:

Wow! And to think Bigrunner was the only poster that pushed back on all the claims at Double Standard Hoffa's Place that Joe Biden was severely senile. I believe Fair Warning, Dumb Joey and Dumb Monkey were the leaders of the ridiculous allegation.  As usual, par for Double Standard Hoffa's Place,  Bigrunner was the only one that got it right.:cheers

What did you get right?  He’s probably going to Delaware for the rest of the week.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Republican Response is a Fairwarning type of conservative thought that I appreciate. 

While my overarching thoughts are aligned with Dems right now, the plain, simple wisdom being displayed in the Republican Response makes sense for most people. 

It’s just a shame that our polarization cannot marry the important big picture stuff Dems want with the day-to-day concerns that Reps espouse. 

3 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Watching some of the rebroadcast now.  Without a total overhaul of these older leaders on both sides, I don’t see much getting done.

Agreed. 

It’s all framing. I appreciated Pres. Biden extending many olive branches, but even that is designed to use in further framing later on when the Reps balk. 

A big criticism of Reps right now is them not doing more to either meet in the middle or at least frame that they are. A big criticism of Dems is to offer olive branches but put too many preconditions. 

Just now, Machiavelli said:

Agreed. 

It’s all framing. I appreciated Pres. Biden extending many olive branches, but even that is designed to use in further framing later on when the Reps balk. 

A big criticism of Reps right now is them not doing more to either meet in the middle or at least frame that they are. A big criticism of Dems is to offer olive branches but put too many preconditions. 

To be fair, they have only been in control for a month.  I don’t care what stats he is spewing about the economy, they are wrong.  Heck, I took a 15K hit in pay last year, and last month was awful also.  

4 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

To be fair, they have only been in control for a month.  I don’t care what stats he is spewing about the economy, they are wrong.  Heck, I took a 15K hit in pay last year, and last month was awful also.  

Oh, I didn’t mean their taking over of the House—I meant in general. The House’s priorities will be revealed in time. And they deserve a fair chance to see what those are. 

My hope is that each side is either forced to work together or that the ‘24 election goes to whoever can sell a form of unity that can yield results. 

21 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

Oh, I didn’t mean their taking over of the House—I meant in general. The House’s priorities will be revealed in time. And they deserve a fair chance to see what those are. 

My hope is that each side is either forced to work together or that the ‘24 election goes to whoever can sell a form of unity that can yield results. 

Which leads to the D’s having total control for two years, basically got everything they wanted.  I don’t see much happening in these next two years as it will be political gridlock.

Just now, FairWarning said:

Which leads to the D’s having total control for two years, basically got everything they wanted.  I don’t see much happening in these next two years as it will be political gridlock.

Fair. Though I do believe some of Pres Biden’s legislative victories will start bearing fruit this year. I don’t know if they’re overplaying the recommitment to American manufacturing or not, but they’ve secured a lot of investment that should start paying off sooner rather than later. 

If/when the economy roars again, political gridlock should subside, whether it’s under a D or an R President.  It’s fair to say that Trump had the economy in a great spot, and it’s long enough after Covid now that we need to roar again. 

6 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

You need to drop that dream.  There is literally no hope of unity moving forward.  Conservatives that like normal life want nothing to do with the nonsense of the modern day Democratic party policies and what they represent.  Nor do liberals that want to change us to a degenerate place want anything to do with conservatives that oppose them.  Barack Obama and Joe Biden were the worst thing that ever happened to this country.  Trump being the polar opposite and infuriating the liberals just fanned the flames.

7 hours ago, FairWarning said:

What did you get right?  He’s probably going to Delaware for the rest of the week.

His SOTU address was great.  Something a severely senile person could never achieve. Biden has achieved more in his first 2 years than any  president going back 90 years to FDR.  Again a severely senile person could never achieve this success. 

Trivia.

Who said Neo-Nazis are fine people?

Who said Anti Fascist are bad people?

Who asked if the democrats are going to apologize for the last 2 years?

1 minute ago, Bigrunner said:

His SOTU address was great.  Something a severely senile person could never achieve. Biden has achieved more in his first 2 years than any  president going back 90 years to FDR.  Again a severely senile person could never achieve this success. 

Trivia.

I'm not looking forward to any more of his achievements if this is the best that he can do.

memo from the FBI was leaked this morning out of a field office in Virginia and get this...

the new instructions are to target "The RTC Community" ... wooo, that sounds like an ominous group so I'm thinking it's some weird pedo acronym, maybe a satantic society, a biker gang, or violent black youths.

so what is this R T C group you ask?

It stands for Radical Traditional Christians which, in secular libby land, means any/all people that use some Christian religion to guide their morals and lives. These nasty RTC's “embrace extremely conservative social ideals with respect to women" and heaven forbid if these RTC's are, wait for it. Catholics! Those are the super worst of the RTC group, the FBI believe, and are now classified as a hate group. The FBI has been instructed to specifically be on the lookout for those with traditional Christian positions on LGBTQPedo+ and Abortion.

Hitler has his Jewish paranoia and the Democratic party has their Christian paranoia. BigNubber and ElChupo can't wait to start building the concentration camps. 

1 hour ago, Bigrunner said:

Trivia.

He’s not severely senile, I can go thru the steps with you.  He’s also a stroke away from the VP running the show.  He’s still a very divisive senile idiot. 

4 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

You need to drop that dream.  There is literally no hope of unity moving forward.  Conservatives that like normal life want nothing to do with the nonsense of the modern day Democratic party policies and what they represent.  Nor do liberals that want to change us to a degenerate place want anything to do with conservatives that oppose them.  Barack Obama and Joe Biden were the worst thing that ever happened to this country.  Trump being the polar opposite and infuriating the liberals just fanned the flames.

The reason why many Trump people flipped to Biden is that overall, the Dem message provides stability. 

Granted, that comes with a monster caveat of the far left having a foothold, but unless/until the GOP can win the culture war, people seem poised to accept certain things they don’t like in order to have stability on what they do. 

The worst of Biden/Obama meet your criticism, but that’s not all that they are, either. But you have a good feel for conservatives beyond yourself, so I do note n pay attention to what you say. 

In my view, Dems need to move past wokeness to capture more centrist folks, but they keep it to not only placate the far left, but because they simply haven’t been forced to abandon. 

I can both support Dem positions on some things while also hoping they get moved off of others. I had similar thoughts the other way when I was diggin’ the early part of Trumpism. 

Unlike Trump, tho, Biden hasn’t moved me off his party’s side entirely. I’m thinking he runs 2024 based on that speech, but don’t think the Dems want him to, and hard to see how he wins given his age. He’ll need a real roaring economy to be in place in the lead up. 

29 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

The reason why many Trump people flipped to Biden is that overall, the Dem message provides stability. 

Granted, that comes with a monster caveat of the far left having a foothold, but unless/until the GOP can win the culture war, people seem poised to accept certain things they don’t like in order to have stability on what they do. 

The worst of Biden/Obama meet your criticism, but that’s not all that they are, either. But you have a good feel for conservatives beyond yourself, so I do note n pay attention to what you say. 

In my view, Dems need to move past wokeness to capture more centrist folks, but they keep it to not only placate the far left, but because they simply haven’t been forced to abandon. 

I can both support Dem positions on some things while also hoping they get moved off of others. I had similar thoughts the other way when I was diggin’ the early part of Trumpism. 

Unlike Trump, tho, Biden hasn’t moved me off his party’s side entirely. I’m thinking he runs 2024 based on that speech, but don’t think the Dems want him to, and hard to see how he wins given his age. He’ll need a real roaring economy to be in place in the lead up. 

That was a long drawn out way of confirming that the reality and future of the parties uniting is illogical and not happening, while slightly kissing ass of Biden just bc things seem calmer with the media not going out of their way inventing conspiracies and making it a nighty story.  No matter that everybody’s daily life is worse and more expensive.  The nightly news isn’f worrying you about Russia conspiracies and made up racial problems so you feel happier.  It’s quite sad that people prefer this regime over the predecessor.