What do you people know about diamonds?

KingRevolver

No lab diamonds, period, your girl wont approve since they are fake(sorta).

My professional advice as a formerly married guy is to go the smallest you can and still maintain respectability. meaning a small chip or 1/8 carot wont cut it - dont spend thousands on a full carot or even 3/4ths. I'd go between 1/3-1/2.

I have some diamond rings from my mom and her side of the family when she died - I could hook you up pretty cheap(get the stone put in a new setting). The problem with diamonds is you might pay $2000 for a ring but when you try to sell it back to a jewler they might give you $200.

46 minutes ago, KingRevolver said:

She seems to like this style.  Not thrilled about it, honestly. 

IMG-20230506-WA0060.jpg

That's a D cut diamond, the center stone. Everything else on that ring is chips.

Shop for a center stone, then the ring. Then add chips if your center stone is small to make it look like the buyer isn't cheap.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

He only buys and sells stones, the ring is up to you.

Is he out of New York ? Have a friend that’s Jewish. His friend in New York sent him a bag of 10 different diamonds to pick from. Very common in the Jewish community  Very nice top quality diamonds also. 

12 hours ago, KingRevolver said:

Clarity, color, cut, etc.

For an engagement ring.  I don't want it cheap, but I also don't want it expensive.

What about lab diamonds?

no decent looking white girl will ever love you. id have a much better chance of that then you would. but im not allowed anything including a job, freewill or even sleep. my parents arent allowed a day of joy and any nasty factors/ppl are used against them