Costco/Sams Club

housepicks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem with those places is that while their prices are generally lower than regular prices elsewhere, they are not lower than sale prices elsewhere, then you have the issue of bulk packaging which is a pain. By me i can get a much better deal on gas using coupons and credit card rewards than costco and sams prices.

6 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

TIP-   If one is a member, you can buy gift cards for friends/family and they can use at COSTCO PUMPS for gasoline, no membership needed. 

You can also use their pharmacy without a membership - my mom used to do that, saved a meaningful amount of money.

Just now, ERBtheGREAT said:

Sams 5% back on gas with card, great quality meats 

Think the COSTCO card also, at least for one year anyway...................don't recall the comparison, but SAM'S may have a notch up on Costco in the beef department.

Another great thing about COSTCO here compared to Sam's is the checkout service, usually less than 6 minutes at Costco, compared to at least 20 minutes at times or more at SAMS

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

The problem with those places is that while their prices are generally lower than regular prices elsewhere, they are not lower than sale prices elsewhere, then you have the issue of bulk packaging which is a pain. By me i can get a much better deal on gas using coupons and credit card rewards than costco and sams prices.

Well, one you possibly buying shit gas if you're beating Costco prices, and two, you get credit card rewards using Costco gas.

It's real hard to beat COSTCO overall on the gasoline front. 

33 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

Well, one you possibly buying shit gas if you're beating Costco prices, and two, you get credit card rewards using Costco gas.

It's real hard to beat COSTCO overall on the gasoline front. 

My usual place is shell - they have good gas. On Mondays they have double coupons - I always have a 10 center(that's 20 cents), then i swipe my shell rewards card and get another 5-10, once in awhile 20 cents, finally I pay with a credit card that always gives me 5% more, it's a no brainer and I dont have to drive out of my way to go to those places either. Those places are fine, just not for me.

Just now, FISHHEAD said:

WHY/HOW are those Shell stations cheaper than Costco????????????????????????

Only Shell and and Costco on your list are TOP TIER gasolines(maybe Love's??)

No, not all, as you can see the competition/cheap areas are usually bunched by region, they all get their gas from the same 2 refineries around here, I'm satisfied that shell is not "bad" gas. It's a brand.

Around here kwik trip and holiday are huge sellers with dozens of stores, I dont like holiday gas, I suspect they squeeze in a little extra alcohol, I seem to get worse mileage when I occasionally use them.

3 minutes ago, TobyTyler said:

I refuse to wait on Costco gas lines, they are bad here

And suicidal to step foot in Costco on the weekend, too many people and slownlines

Do they still sell the hot dogs? 

For some reason(more electric), the lines here at Costco have dramatically decreased.................once a 14 min. wait on average is now 1-3 mnutes or none at all. 

As far as crowds, if possible, I try to go at 10am, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less people, and my dog can prance around without being distracted. 

Yes, hot dogs still an option at Costco, as well as pizza and ice cream.