whats your emergency plan?

KingKolzig

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15k generac

3*7500 inverter gin

25 kW solar/wind system on order waiting for license. I own about 750 " of nice striped trout habitat, bout 1.5 acre garden. Wife wants fukkin chickens and goats, what the fukk for lady down the road $3/doz. unwashed. 

I'm in the middle of no where and we lost power twice for hurricanes, once in an ice storm and one guy TKGB'd a transformer with a dump truck.

41 minutes ago, Sinker said:

15k generac

3*7500 inverter gin

25 kW solar/wind system on order waiting for license. I own about 750 " of nice striped trout habitat, bout 1.5 acre garden. Wife wants fukkin chickens and goats, what the fukk for lady down the road $3/doz. unwashed. 

I'm in the middle of no where and we lost power twice for hurricanes, once in an ice storm and one guy TKGB'd a transformer with a dump truck.

im more worried about a fake cyber-attack or blm sabotage 

1 hour ago, KingKolzig said:

worth connecting the generator to the whole house?

just to run central AC

wouldnt it be safer to run it and plug in window units. then other ppl can use some of it with extension cords. i guess whole house is a good idea if you are rich

If the power's out you'll be happy to run the fridge, a TV, and perhaps something to cook with. AC would take too much juice unless it's a small unit.

1 hour ago, Sinker said:

i can do my whole place on the generac 

Yea, that's a huge set up that's designed to do that. Prob costs $10K (maybe more), a "normal" emergency generator   costs less than a grand and has what - 3-5 KW max? I think most generators cant handle their max load either because they need a buffer for the surge when appliances kick in.

3 hours ago, mikeman said:

Yea, that's a huge set up that's designed to do that. Prob costs $10K (maybe more), a "normal" emergency generator   costs less than a grand and has what - 3-5 KW max? I think most generators cant handle their max load either because they need a buffer for the surge when appliances kick in.

yeah max load ain't what folks think, some brands are just junk.

my generac is wired through to the main it goes on automatically was about 22k installed

8 hours ago, mikeman said:

If the power's out you'll be happy to run the fridge, a TV, and perhaps something to cook with. AC would take too much juice unless it's a small unit.

this thing is capable of a full house hookout even with central air. paid $2198 at sams free delivery. same exact model down the street at lowes $2800

it arrived today and its huge. anyone that wants a deal and has a sams membership this is a good find