Titanic Tourist Submarine

D-Hustle

14 minutes ago, vitalyo said:

We had this thing here in Ottawa "Titanic last meal recreated" at the Fairmount Chateau Laurier hotel with the music waitresses dressed just like on the ship the whole thing a replica 10-course meal served in the first-class dining room of the Titanic the night it struck an iceberg and sank. One of my friends a french woman told me about it, she was so excited to attend a venue. And I was thinking to myself she and all these people who will attend are fvcking retards. 
The atmosphere the music, food wtf. 

A long time ago when I stayed at the Luxor in Vegas they had a Titanic artifacts exhibit that they charged admission for. They gave me a couple free passes to the exhibit and I never used them.

I don't want to gawk at that shit either.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, mikeman said:

The maximum "crush" depth is theoretical, lets say it's designed to go to 2500 ft and you think it could go to 4000, if you test the limits   you might not come back up...son of a bitch, it only went to 3600. Add in age and unknown construction flaws and anything could happen.

In 1968 President Nixon had the CIA work with Howard Hughes to raise a Russian sub off the bottom near the California coast.

The ship was called the Glomar Explorer. They got the sub hooked up but it broke coming up to the surface.

Amazing story and highly confidential at the time.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

In 1968 President Nixon had the CIA work with Howard Hughes to raise a Russian sub off the bottom near the California coast.

The ship was called the Glomar Explorer. They got the sub hooked up but it broke coming up to the surface.

Amazing story and highly confidential at the time.

Good one! I did watch that documentary almost like James Bond movie in reality . 

hundreds of people dying from hunger, war, and sheer desperation because they've been allowed access to so little, versus a group of people so incomprehensibly wealthy, so coddled from experiencing true consequence, that they actively seek out dangerous activities just to feel something. the juxtaposition of these two situations couldn't be more sobering.
Let that sink in...

When I was a kid it happened I was inside one of those submersibles on the shore. You know on how kids get excited with stuff like this but that thing put fear in me it is so small about the size of the minivan and at the time I was 10 or 12 so imagine how it would feel for an adult literally is like being stuck in the barrel, In the minivan you can injoy the view, stop and walk out at anytime. 

Titan 

Overall Dimensions: 670cm x 280cm x 250cm (22ft x 9.2ft x 8.3ft high

So on the inside space is reduced by at least 30%.A specially with this one that was supposed to resist all that pressure.