Tough break for IOWA

Brock Landers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Banks is still about the only Iowa player I can name in history.  My best friend was some wizard in NCAA football 2003.  Knew how to use Texas and some glitch on offense and defense with Derrick Johnson blitzing, and Cedric Benson running it.  I beat him one time and was the first person that ever beat him with Brad Banks and Iowa.  Scrambled around and chucked it to whoever the white TE was on that team.  My buddy was utterly speechless when I beat him.  Didn’t just win I absolutely crushed him with that team.

3 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Brad Banks is still about the only Iowa player I can name in history.  My best friend was some wizard in NCAA football 2003.  Knew how to use Texas and some glitch on offense and defense with Derrick Johnson blitzing, and Cedric Benson running it.  I beat him one time and was the first person that ever beat him with Brad Banks and Iowa.  Scrambled around and chucked it to whoever the white TE was on that team.  My buddy was utterly speechless when I beat him.  Didn’t just win I absolutely crushed him with that team.

You're not much of a football fan then.

That was year Banks finished 2nd in heisman voting, Dallas Clark was the white TE...............Bob Sanders was the strong safety for Iowa, future NFL defensive player of the year.

13 hours ago, FISHHEAD said:

That was year Banks finished 2nd in heisman voting, Dallas Clark was the white TE...............Bob Sanders was the strong safety for Iowa, future NFL defensive player of the year.

No shit.  Small world.  Not a shocker he balled out in that game then.  I thought he was just some random TE that I got lucky chucking it to. 

USC destroyed them in that Orange Bowl.  We should have all seen 2004 USC coming.  Pickem was the line vs Oklahoma.  All my friends and I thought they were just a bunch of ho mos from California (wrong as could be but we were college kids and thought all west coast football was weak and pussies), and that Oklahoma and Peterson and Dan Cody would dominate them.  About the 3Q my buddy called me up "Gmcarroll33 I think we have severely underestimated USC dude.  We're idiots.  Not only are they your national champs, but this might be one of the best teams I've ever seen."  Me "confirmed bro."  There wasn't much to say in defense at that point.

12 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

No shit.  Small world.  Not a shocker he balled out in that game then.  I thought he was just some random TE that I got lucky chucking it to. 

USC destroyed them in that Orange Bowl.  We should have all seen 2004 USC coming.  Pickem was the line vs Oklahoma.  All my friends and I thought they were just a bunch of ho mos from California (wrong as could be but we were college kids and thought all west coast football was weak and pussies), and that Oklahoma and Peterson and Dan Cody would dominate them.  About the 3Q my buddy called me up "Gmcarroll33 I think we have severely underestimated USC dude.  We're idiots.  Not only are they your national champs, but this might be one of the best teams I've ever seen."  Me "confirmed bro."  There wasn't much to say in defense at that point.

YA, they had loads of talent at USC in that 2-3 year stretch.

I was at that orange bowl game, Iowa was hanging in there late 1st half, then Sanders got hurt and usc applied the throttle.

18 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

YA, they had loads of talent at USC in that 2-3 year stretch.

I was at that orange bowl game, Iowa was hanging in there late 1st half, then Sanders got hurt and usc applied the throttle.

USC QB'S 2003 ORANGE BOWL

1. CARSON PALMER

2. MATT CASSEL

3. MATT LEINHART

-------------

TROY POLAMALU headed the defense.

6 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

1. CARSON PALMER

2. MATT CASSEL

3. MATT LEINHART

-------------

About as deep as 2001 Miami having Clinton Portis/Willis McGahee/and Frank Gore as their running backs.  And Sean Taylor backing Ed Reed as safety.  That was the GOAT I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, FISHHEAD said:

1. CARSON PALMER

2. MATT CASSEL

3. MATT LEINHART

-------------

2002-03 USC PLAYERS that played in NFL..................................

Marcell Allmond

Kevin Arbet

Collin Ashton

Darnell Bing

William Buchanon

Dominique Byrd

Matt Cassel

Shaun Cody

Keary Colbert

Justin Fargas

Matt Grootegoed

Gregg Guenther

Alex Holmes

Norm Katnik

Kareem Kelly

Ryan Killeen

David Kirtman

Winston Justice

Jason Leach

Matt Leinart

Oscar Lua

Malaefou MacKenzie

Tom Malone

Grant Mattos

Fred Matua

Chris McFoy

Sultan McCullough

Jason Mitchell

Carson Palmer

Mike Patterson

Troy Polamalu

LaJuan Ramsey

Bernard Riley

Jacob Rogers

Frostee Rucker

Dallas Sartz

Lofa Tatupu

Kenechi Udeze

Lenny Vandermade

John Walker

Lee Webb

Kyle Williams

Mike Williams

Manuel Wright

Justin Wyatt

1 hour ago, FISHHEAD said:

2002-03 USC PLAYERS that played in NFL..................................

Marcell Allmond

Kevin Arbet

Collin Ashton

Darnell Bing

William Buchanon

Dominique Byrd

Matt Cassel

Shaun Cody

Keary Colbert

Justin Fargas

Matt Grootegoed

Gregg Guenther

Alex Holmes

Norm Katnik

Kareem Kelly

Ryan Killeen

David Kirtman

Winston Justice

Jason Leach

Matt Leinart

Oscar Lua

Malaefou MacKenzie

Tom Malone

Grant Mattos

Fred Matua

Chris McFoy

Sultan McCullough

Jason Mitchell

Carson Palmer

Mike Patterson

Troy Polamalu

LaJuan Ramsey

Bernard Riley

Jacob Rogers

Frostee Rucker

Dallas Sartz

Lofa Tatupu

Kenechi Udeze

Lenny Vandermade

John Walker

Lee Webb

Kyle Williams

Mike Williams

Manuel Wright

Justin Wyatt

Child‘s play.

In all, an extraordinary 17 players from the 2001 Miami football team were drafted in the first-round of the NFL Draft

Overall, 38 members of the team would be selected in the NFL Draft.

Among the numerous stars on the 2001 Miami squad were: quarterback Ken Dorsey; running backs Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport, and Frank Gore; tight end Jeremy Shockey; wide receiver Andre Johnson; offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie; defensive linemen Jerome McDougle, William Joseph, and Vince Wilfork; linebackers Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams; and defensive backs Ed Reed, Mike Rumph, and Phillip Buchanon. Additional contributors included future stars Kellen Winslow II, Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle, Vernon Carey, and Rocky McIntosh.

As of 2013, they had earned a combined total of 43 trips to the Pro Bowl: Ed Reed (9), Andre Johnson (7), Frank Gore (5), Vince Wilfork (5), Jeremy Shockey (4), Jonathan Vilma (3), Willis McGahee (2), Chris Myers (2), Clinton Portis (2), Antrel Rolle (2), Sean Taylor (2), Bryant McKinnie (1), and Kellen Winslow II (1). In addition, Vilma, Shockey, Wilfork, Joseph, Rolle, McKinnie, and Reed have won the Super Bowl. It has been estimated that the 2001 Hurricanes would cost nearly $120 million as an NFL team as early as 2009.

USC last 3 games that season........................

# 23 UCLA  55-21

#7  IRISH  44-13

#3  IOWA   38-17