Biggest mistake when grilling steak

RudyRuder

20 hours ago, mike499 said:

Sear both sides on high heat and finish the meat with indirect heat. 

This is the way. After intense heat on both sides the steak is cooking itself. Indirect, and let the steak temp even itself out.

sous vide/reverse sear is probably the best way but I’m always happy with high heat and indirect.

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

interesting video and I'm sure it'll cook a better steak, but I guess i dont need my steaks to be perfect, nothing else I eat is. As long as it's not way overcooked or almost raw it'll be ok.

i see your point....i mean if its 1.99/lb chicken breast then just throw on marinade and let it go half each side

when im spending on quality meat, i like it to taste quality

people say only 1 flip and grill grates are complete amateurs. you lose all the fat and only the very center gets the color you want it instead of consistent throughout

JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

1 hour ago, RudyRuder said:

i see your point....i mean if its 1.99/lb chicken breast then just throw on marinade and let it go half each side

when im spending on quality meat, i like it to taste quality

people say only 1 flip and grill grates are complete amateurs. you lose all the fat and only the very center gets the color you want it instead of consistent throughout

JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

Just put the bird in the oven, I use a bag as I think it cooks way better  and is more moist.