What do you make $/hr?

RudyRuder

1 minute ago, RudyRuder said:

I think I will turn pro gambler

thats my only choice

I dont want to work in my degree and im making shit at these other degree jobs

Nobody wants to work in their degree.  All are useless for the most part unless you wanna be an accountant like my brother or something.  20 years later and he’s finally a partner at his firm and hates every second of it.  Go into tech sales.  I barely know anything about tech and still crush at my job.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Nobody wants to work in their degree.  All are useless for the most part unless you wanna be an accountant like my brother or something.  20 years later and he’s finally a partner at his firm and hates every second of it.  Go into tech sales.  I barely know anything about tech and still crush at my job.

I hate trying to sell

I suck at talking

My degree is in sports fields (golf, any sports)

fun fact...I took Uga (the dog) for a piss at halftime in a cart when i was a student

1 minute ago, RudyRuder said:

I hate trying to sell

I suck at talking

My degree is in sports fields (golf, any sports)

fun fact...I took Uga (the dog) for a piss at halftime in a cart

It’s not what you’re imagining.  You’re not cold calling.  I deal with mega global customers and just work to make them like and trust me, coddle them, and get them contracted on new services.  It seems daunting if you’ve never done it but it gets to be second nature.

8 hours ago, joeybagadonuts said:

$108 per hour at day job

For consulting work it varies. Somewhere between $75-$250 

Haha I see us both here dicking around all day while we're supposed to be working.  I make more gambling on golf than I do at my actual job, and on an average day I might do about 2-3 hours of actual work.  I can't imagine being 40+ and making $15 per hour.  That has to be deflating.

3 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Haha I see us both here dicking around all day while we're supposed to be working.  I make more gambling on golf than I do at my actual job, and on an average day I might do about 2-3 hours of actual work.  I can't imagine being 40+ and making $15 per hour.  That has to be deflating.

Same

Luckily, as I said, I make 15.25

20 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

your brother (or any public accountant) should've gone my route and worked for themself

pay is better, nobody to boss you around, pick your own hours, and i retired after 25 yrs instead of 45

7 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Yup. Sounds about right. Spend much of my day reading forums , researching/trading stocks/options and going to the gym. Most days do maybe a few hours of actual work. I’d kill myself if I made $15 an hour at my age bc I’d be homeless and starving 

1 minute ago, milwaukee mike said:

your brother (or any public accountant) should've gone my route and worked for themself

pay is better, nobody to boss you around, pick your own hours, and i retired after 25 yrs instead of 45

Ya if could do my career over I’d probably have done exactly that. Though being an accountant in the tech world is a pretty cushy job and an IPO or 2 could easily lead to an early retirement 

2 hours ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Yup. Sounds about right. Spend much of my day reading forums , researching/trading stocks/options and going to the gym. Most days do maybe a few hours of actual work. I’d kill myself if I made $15 an hour at my age bc I’d be homeless and starving 

Yeah $15 an hour is an ok reality check to the real world as your first job after college and it definitely sucks and should motivate you to make more asap.  If you’re still at $15 an hour in your prime earning years then you have really failed yourself.

2 hours ago, milwaukee mike said:

He should have done something else.  Before he made partner he was talking to my mom about changing careers.  He works weekends and hates his job.  I have no idea what he makes but hope it’s a lot.  In his spare time he gets to take care of his step kids.  I pity my brother.  He and I couldn’t possibly be any more different.  I’m as anti single-mom as you’ll ever meet and the thought of being an accountant would drive me insane.

20 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

He should have done something else.  Before he made partner he was talking to my mom about changing careers.  He works weekends and hates his job.  I have no idea what he makes but hope it’s a lot.  In his spare time he gets to take care of his step kids.  I pity my brother.  He and I couldn’t possibly be any more different.  I’m as anti single-mom as you’ll ever meet and the thought of being an accountant would drive me insane.

as partner your hrs are probably billed at 300… someone working 2000 hrs/yr would make $600k on their own but these guys make $200k even with tons of people under them.  then they make $400k when they’re too old and worn out to spend it