IPHONE UPDATE

redstripe

UPDATED!! BEWARE! If you have an iPhone and have done the recent iOS 17 update. They have set a feature called AirDrop to default ON. This allows the sharing of contact info just by bringing your phones close together.
There are three (3) options: Receiving Off, Contacts Only, or Everyone for 10 Minutes.
1. Make sure this is set to either Receiving Off or Contacts Only!
2. Bring Devices Together, both devices have to be within bluetooth range
3. Use Cellular Data allows greater distance between devices.
Safest settings are as follows: Receiving - Off, Bring Devices Together - Off, and Use Cellular Data - Off.
You can always turn these options on as you need them! Just remember to turn them off after use!
To shut this off go to Settings, General, AirDrop, Change to OFF.

UPDATED!! BEWARE! If you have an iPhone and have done the recent iOS 17 update. They have set a feature called AirDrop to default ON. This allows the sharing of contact info just by bringing your phones close together.
There are three (3) options: Receiving Off, Contacts Only, or Everyone for 10 Minutes.
1. Make sure this is set to either Receiving Off or Contacts Only!
2. Bring Devices Together, both devices have to be within bluetooth range
3. Use Cellular Data allows greater distance between devices.
Safest settings are as follows: Receiving - Off, Bring Devices Together - Off, and Use Cellular Data - Off.
You can always turn these options on as you need them! Just remember to turn them off after use!
To shut this off go to Settings, General, AirDrop, Change to OFF.

This new update is a nightmare.  

The layout of calls when you need enter the keypad or hit mute are all flipped around, I was texting the other day and I guess it’s character limited as I continued typing and nothing was showing, my remembered password here is no longer recognized even though it’s in my saved passwords.  One of their worst updates yet at least for me.