Country Grammar

mike499

So a buddy of mine plays in a high stakes poker game and travels to LA, Miami, NYC regularly and plays against NBA players, rappers, wall street guys, and of course a few poker pros.

He runs a sports book too. In LA, Nelly sat next to him at the poker table.  My buddy pulled out his phone to check sports scores.  Nelly is so insecure about being a has been and still wants to feel important so he gets mad and tells my friend it’s not cool to take his picture without asking him first.  My buddy said “nah I was checking scores.  I wasn’t taking your picture.  Why would I want your picture?  Who the hell are you?”

Nelly “what you seriously don’t know who I am?”

Buddy “nah do you play for the Los Angeles Lakers or something?

Nelly “WHAT?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME.  YOU REALLY DON’T KNOW WHO I AM?”

This apparently dragged on for about 2 more hours before Nelly left.  Every 15 min or so he would bring it up in disbelief, and asked what kind of music my buddy liked.  To not make it obvious he was trolling him, he of course named of rock bands.

Nelly “you mean to tell me you‘ve never heard IT’S GETTING HOT IN HERE…..”

Buddy “HOLY SHIT THAT WAS YOU?  MAN I REMEMBER HEARING THAT SONG ON THE RADIO ONCE OR TWICE IN HIGH SCHOOL 20 YEARS AGO.”

Nelly left still stunned my buddy didn’t know he he was.  The table asked if he really had no clue who he was, and of course he tells them “hell yeah I knew it was Nelly.  He was being an asshole and thinking he’s some important celebrity so I wanted to fuck with him and mess with his ego.”

43 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

So a buddy of mine plays in a high stakes poker game and travels to LA, Miami, NYC regularly and plays against NBA players, rappers, wall street guys, and of course a few poker pros.

He runs a sports book too. In LA, Nelly sat next to him at the poker table.  My buddy pulled out his phone to check sports scores.  Nelly is so insecure about being a has been and still wants to feel important so he gets mad and tells my friend it’s not cool to take his picture without asking him first.  My buddy said “nah I was checking scores.  I wasn’t taking your picture.  Why would I want your picture?  Who the hell are you?”

This apparently dragged on for about 2 more hours before Nelly left.  Every 15 min or so he would bring it up in disbelief, and asked what kind of music my buddy liked.  To not make it obvious he was trolling him, he of course named of rock bands.

Buddy “HOLY SHIT THAT WAS YOU?  MAN I REMEMBER HEARING THAT SONG ON THE RADIO ONCE OR TWICE IN HIGH SCHOOL 20 YEARS AGO.”

Nelly left still stunned my buddy didn’t know he he was.  The table asked if he really had no clue who he was, and of course he tells them “hell yeah I knew it was Nelly.  He was being an asshole and thinking he’s some important celebrity so I wanted to fuck with him and mess with his ego.”

Nelly is a regular in high stakes poker games. 

56 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Ha!

20 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

I wish. Have a friend who plays in a bunch of the  private LA and Vegas games. Routinely plays with famous rappers /actors /sports starts etc 

Most games are 25/50-500/1k NL and PLO a little too rich for my blood. 

Yeah me too.  I played twice in a game in Atlanta where it was me and the same buddy, a few pros, and then just totally loaded rich people.  One black chick with a shaved head was side chick #6 to some big rap/hip hop producer.  She got I think a 10k a week allowance.  

We played PLO and the very first hand she would shove 2k in without a care in the world.  You can play perfect and still get burned.  I lost about $1200 the first time, but I got lucky that my hand held up and won about 5k the next time.  They were too rich for me.

God we had the hottest Brazilian girl Marre that was the drink girl.  She knew how to flirt it up for sure.

4 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I have heard the name but zero chance I'd know who he is by face or even with 100 hints.