Thoughts on this Dog Breed

Gmcarroll33

So my last dog Molly was a bloodhound/lab mix.  Quite possibly the greatest, kindest, and laziest natured dog ever.  I’m pretty fond of the hound nature as a pet.  

This is a Bavarian Mountain Hound.  This dog looks cool, majestic, and like something nobody else has and pretty freaking cool.  Anybody ever been around one of these?  I’m tempted to get one.

IMG_0262.png

IMG_0282.webp

IMG_0283.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, rjt said:

Best dog breeds

Golden retriever

Lab

Siberian husky

Depends on the owner.  My brother has zero clue whatsoever with animals, or with training and owning a dog and has the most hyper annoying Golden Retriever I’ve ever seen.  Hate that dog.  Lab’s are fine but so common and boring, and I would say pass on the Siberian Huskies too.

Instead of a Lab, one of the cooler dogs I’ve been around that is just a little more athletic and guard like is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever.  Bad ass dog and a great family pet.

A Boerboel also seems like a great dog but definitely not for an inexperienced dog owner.  Bred to ward off lions but apparently is a very family oriented dog.  

From the description I read they said some dogs can have an intruder come in and they will bark and growl at a burgler but as soon as it’s tossed a biscuit it will just eat the biscuit and forget all about the intruder.  Not this dog.  Apparently this breed will straight up put anybody it deems a threat into the hospital or into the grave and will protect it’s family to the end of the earth, but be so gentle to let 4-5 year old kids play all over it.

image.jpeg.e76d6d5b7f2a3572a953d11e1c21b9ba.jpeg

image.jpeg.d5b14644b395e8b3658211edaf4565b0.jpegimage.jpeg.64167ae39abc166d2bae696f591d4a0c.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Just dog chat...

We had a great German Shepard at the ranch property. Good easy tempered and loyal.

Would you go 45 pound Bavarian Mountain Hound (Vitalyo isn’t impressed) or 150ish pound Boerboel?  Both seem like great family pets but one eats way less and is less of a liability to kill somebody.  I’ve always thought a Boerboel was a really cool dog though.

My bloodhound/lab Molly was about  95 pounds so I’m accustomed to a big dog.  A Boerboel is supposedly a whole nother level of responsibility though and dog ownership.

1 hour ago, TobyTyler said:

i got plenty of stress don't need to worry about my dog getting out of the backyard and gnawing on the kid's neck next door

It's just a hound.  It would probably be lazy and let kids lay all over it without a care in the world.  The Boerboel is supposed to be the same, but can definitely fuck somebody up and is a huge responsibility.

17 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

So my last dog Molly was a bloodhound/lab mix.  Quite possibly the greatest, kindest, and laziest natured dog ever.  I’m pretty fond of the hound nature as a pet.  

This is a Bavarian Mountain Hound.  This dog looks cool, majestic, and like something nobody else has and pretty freaking cool.  Anybody ever been around one of these?  I’m tempted to get one.

IMG_0262.png

IMG_0282.webp

IMG_0283.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg

image.jpeg

My dog is part bloodhound (about 8%).

Very similar body to the bavarian hounds.

I'm partial to mutts.

20170111-172701.jpg