raiders72001

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, trytrytry said:

is it somewhat true watching but not real close that BTC run has been amazing but the other coins in general are done well  but  not along for the same huge ride right now.  more like a  BTC dominance?  

BTC currently has 53.1 percent dominance in crypto market per coinmarketcap.com 12/4/23

2 hours ago, trytrytry said:

is it somewhat true watching but not real close that BTC run has been amazing but the other coins in general are done well  but  not along for the same huge ride right now.  more like a  BTC dominance?  

Alt coins are shit coins and the value inevitably will drop close to zero.  I have held over 200 alt coins for a couple years now so I have first hand knowledge that they are shit.

8 minutes ago, WVU said:

the rising tide is not the same across the board.  The big coins may gain 20% while shit coins only 5% which has been the case lately

Over what time period? I dk what shit coins you are referring to, but appears that the majority of top 100 coins doing as well as, or better than BTC in the last month…obviously removing the stable coins.   

1 hour ago, IAG said:

Over what time period? I dk what shit coins you are referring to, but appears that the majority of top 100 coins doing as well as, or better than BTC in the last month…obviously removing the stable coins.   

I bought 40k worth of shit coins when btc was at 50-55k.  Now btc is at 40k and my shit coin stack is worth about $5500-6000

50 minutes ago, WVU said:

I bought 40k worth of shit coins when btc was at 50-55k.  Now btc is at 40k and my shit coin stack is worth about $5500-6000

Ugh,  BTC must have been creeping up more than the alts until recently.   With the ETF approvals pending,  I imagine more money will go into BTC than the alts for DEC, but who knows.    Just started paying attention again a month or two ago in anticipation of the halving.

3 hours ago, WVU said:

the rising tide is not the same across the board.  The big coins may gain 20% while shit coins only 5% which has been the case lately

What happens is that when there's a crash, most of the shit coins hit zero. During a bull run, BTC hits first. Then it becomes alt season and you'll make a lot more with alts. There will be 100x and 1000x alts.

1 hour ago, raiders72001 said:

What happens is that when there's a crash, most of the shit coins hit zero. During a bull run, BTC hits first. Then it becomes alt season and you'll make a lot more with alts. There will be 100x and 1000x alts.

The problem is you have to sell.  It’s fucked up that every sale is a taxable event but it is what it is.  I held most of my alts because I didn’t want to take the tax hit.  That was a huge mistake 

1 minute ago, FISHHEAD said:

Don't want, just asking to learn insight.

Say someone has $100,000 in DOGE.............how much expense to transfer to BTC?

Whatever fees the exchange charges, but you have to calculate the capital gain or loss as soon as you convert the Doge.