Eyesight question

Mike75

2 minutes ago, WVU said:

No they don’t report to DL people.  They will probably check your eyes on renewal so if you get contact lenses and don’t tell them they still won’t know.  Get your eyes checked and corrected, pal.  The world will look clearer to you. 

I've needed reading glasses since my early 50's, and it's getting slowly worse, even so I can still pass the DL eye exam by squinting so I dont technically need them to drive.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Mike75 said:

GOT AN APPT TOMORROW

EVERYTHING IS SMUDGY CLOUDY DIMMER

MY GUESS

CATARACTS

The only medical procedure I have had done was cataract surgery 2 years ago on both eyes, eye doc said they weren't quite ready but I could get them done if I paid for it. Best thing I ever did see great bright vivid colors as opposed to kind of a greasy yellowish gray. If yours are bad enough insurance will cover it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Dealt with nearly complete blindness for weeks and this eye place was doing all kinda tests and nothing was working. They ran tests i did not have cataracts.  Was given eye drops as they said my eyes were very dry and at first they thought i had blocked tear ducts.

Seven days ago i saw the head guy over the entire place and he said there is one last thing a rare vitamin A deficiency that causes blindeness and i was told to take plenty of Vitamin A.

I have not been taking any vitamins in a good while so i had some vitamin A at home so i started taking it and imagine my shock and surprise over the next few days as slowly the nagging cloud smudge blocking my vision started to fade away.

Must be that i was deficient in vitamin A

Havent been able to read,watch tv or anything for three weeks until the last couple days.

So glad to have my sight back but still dealing with some blurryness but that should fade soon