Stock Market Rally?

PatrickBateman

24 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Kind of amazed January hasn't been a down month. Expected many people to wait until new calender year to sell all of last years massive gainers. 

Most stocks are close to where they were 2021.  Only cashing massive gains if you bought in the past year 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Play the homeless angle.

The Homeless Industrial Complex is purchasing camping supplies like there's no tomorrow. 

Camping World Holdings, R.E.I.,  Coleman, etc...

Been seeing an abundance of COLEMAN trailers and fifth wheels on the road.

Any outfit producing diapers or toilet paper is recession proof. All the new arrivals to the USA only increase sales.

Also, in a poor economy Auto Parts are a great sector. People who can't afford new cars fix their old ones to keep them running. Bulletproof to a recession.

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

Last year was a good year in the market, but it's my understanding most of the gains were due to a handful of tech stocks(the big names). So was it really?

The gains only made up for losses from 2021-22.  But it wasn’t just a few tech stocks.  18-20% across just about every sector 

7 minutes ago, PatrickBateman said:

You happy with what you voted for?

I'm surprised you haven't been replaced at your job with someone less privileged.

Oh they would love to hire a purple hair or gay to replace me.  They would have to pay me a month for every year which is 2 year’s salary to get rid of me though.

12 minutes ago, WVU said:

Oh they would love to hire a purple hair or gay to replace me.  They would have to pay me a month for every year which is 2 year’s salary to get rid of me though.

Early retirement incentives have really taken off in public sector jobs as well.