Blondie?

Bigorange

13 minutes ago, Bigorange said:

I always liked Blondie so nothing against her but does TGF need two Admins for the 10 regular posters that we have here?

Is Hoffa about to retire or something?

BigO

She helped me get the forum in order after it went down for a week. She's more technically adept than I am.

Along with being a good friend and solid contributor I might add...

I was just given powers to help Hoffa fix a couple of things. 

Mike, within a week or so of leaving SBR I had a full-time job as a reporter at the local newspaper. Between that and my four kids (who were active in sports at the time), posting fell to the back burner. 

Every so often I would pop in here and there, but life would pick up again, and back into real life I would g

Now my kids are grown, I own my own business (still in journalism) and as my own boss I have time to avoid doing the things I should be doing so here I am 😛

Today, I'm avoiding sorting high school basketball photos that are from Saturday. Mostly because I'm bored with basketball and ready for spring sports. 

13 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

i liked blondie until she quit posting at sbr, only because she wasn't getting paid for it

i've never been paid even $1 but i have still given my love, information, and entertainment for free for the better part of 2 decades... it's what we do

Same Here:

i've never been paid even $1 but i have still given my love, information, and entertainment for free for the better part of 2 decades... it's what we do

10 minutes ago, Blondie said:

I was just given powers to help Hoffa fix a couple of things. 

Mike, within a week or so of leaving SBR I had a full-time job as a reporter at the local newspaper. Between that and my four kids (who were active in sports at the time), posting fell to the back burner. 

Every so often I would pop in here and there, but life would pick up again, and back into real life I would g

Now my kids are grown, I own my own business (still in journalism) and as my own boss I have time to avoid doing the things I should be doing so here I am 😛

Today, I'm avoiding sorting high school basketball photos that are from Saturday. Mostly because I'm bored with basketball and ready for spring sports. 

nothing else is more important than posting to strangers, NOTHING

1 minute ago, milwaukee mike said:

nothing else is more important than posting to strangers, NOTHING

Of course, we all know this, unfortunately, those who have never experienced the sheer bliss of anonymously posting on a foum don't seem to understand this. :doh

ok blondie i like you again

who was that other woman that used to check people into the sbr bash with you?  sam9ball died right?  he was great too

Oh heck. Didn't she live in Australia? Shoot. I don't remember her name...

Did Sam die? He was amazing. I adored him..... that's so sad. 

shari lived in australia but she turned terrible and never did any work at a bash, just drank/smoked

YES!! It would have been her that was checking people in with me. I don't know of anyone else it could have been... 

Who else has passed?

2 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Blonde is a legendary forum BABYSITTER 

Ironically enough, I utilize my forum babysitting skills when interacting with jr high kids to take their photos for sports, music, etc. There's not a lot of difference in some cases... 

1 minute ago, trytrytry said:

great thread

Try!!! How ya been?

5 minutes ago, trytrytry said:

superior blondie  been too long.  best babysitter ever

Thanks Try! Excited to see you are here! 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Off topic.

Maybe, but I would really love to hear about Eric the eel. I have so many questions. 

Should I know Eric the eel? I'm pretty confident I know a poster named Eric but he was a duck not an eel? I could have the name wrong though it's been a while. 

Which final 4 are we talking about? 

Who are the SBR teens?

Did they play music and do the dance from Dirty Dancing? or are they too young for that?

1 minute ago, Chi_Archie said:

Marvelous Monday Morning!

Actually, it's afternoon here! Almost evening! 

Let's see if I can still spin them out! 

Amazing Monday Afternoon! It's a beautiful sunny day here and despite a decent workload today in Blondie's newsroom, my co-workers are trying to distract me (because I am the keeper of the treats). Sam, the head of HR is also the union rep and chose this as his corporate headshot. He was the head of security but he just smiled and let people in. Today our online news includes two obituaries, the sample ballots for March, a public hearing, and senior night game results and photos for boys basketball. 

Shortly Mr. Blondie and I will leave for girls' basketball regionals about an hour or so away from us. 

IMG_2597.JPG