Anyone have a newer electric stove?

mikeman

I got a new one 2-3 years ago , because of "safety" rules they now come with these sensitemp  burners that basically keep turning off if you're trying to keep it on high for a long time - such as boiling water for spaghetti.

I boil water, throw the noodles in and it shuts off and stops boiling, I end up standing there trying to play with it, turning it off then on to keep it hot - a total pain in the ass.

Anyway I bought a couple new old style burners that dont have that sensitemp BS.  they work great, should have dont this a long time ago. Only cost $25 too.

2 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

An electric stove?  Why don't you just go get yourself a Tesla and join Al Qaeda while your at it MM.

That's what my house has, no gas line to the kitchen. here's pic - the rear one is the sensitemp crap, you see the button thingy that keeps shutting it off, the front one is far superior.

stove burners 003.jpg

1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Haha just giving you shit obviously.  I've always shaved with an electric razor.

No care for them, I use a blade, I like it nice and smooth, I do use a blade for a very, very long time though - as some of you might be able to guess. :mutley

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

No care for them, I use a blade, I like it nice and smooth, I do use a blade for a very, very long time though - as some of you might be able to guess. :mutley

When my last Norelco died I considered buying a straight razor, but figured I would probably damn near kill myself with my only experience being a wet electric.

Watched a video on shaving when I was debating a straight razor and they concluded that a wet norelco with shaving cream is just as close in half the time as the other methods.  So I'm Mr Electric Shaver still to this day.

WVU and his electric car, Gmcarroll33 and his electric shaver, and MM with his electric stove.  Guess we're all guilty.

9 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

When my last Norelco died I considered buying a straight razor, but figured I would probably damn near kill myself with my only experience being a wet electric.

Watched a video on shaving when I was debating a straight razor and they concluded that a wet norelco with shaving cream is just as close in half the time as the other methods.  So I'm Mr Electric Shaver still to this day.

WVU and his electric car, Gmcarroll33 and his electric shaver, and MM with his electric stove.  Guess we're all guilty.

Just had my dishwasher go out too, thing was about 43 yrs old, I hear the new ones are bad too - they dont dry them very well apparently.

Just now, mikeman said:

Just had my dishwasher go out too, thing was about 43 yrs old, I hear the new ones are bad too - they dont dry them very well apparently.

BOSCH dishwasers!!

Bought one around 6-7 years ago and it works great, it's also super quiet.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Those are like $800-1000, I bought an amana for $399, it'll be installed next week.

They must have really gone up in price. No way I would pay that much for a dishwasher. 

I don't even use the damn thing, the help does.

I just like the quiet feature.

9 minutes ago, housepicks said:

You don’t put in your own dishwasher? You gay?

I would but being old the water line is soldered in, it does have a shutoff  but I'm not sure that wont leak when the pipe is removed, I'll let them do it just in case - apparently they'll cut the line and put in a compression fitting  to go with a flexihose from the dishwasher supply.  They charge $150 for installation plus another $50 for some kind of installation kit(the water  supply hose and discharge hose I assume).

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

I would but being old the water line is soldered in, it does have a shutoff  but I'm not sure that wont leak when the pipe is removed, I'll let them do it just in case - apparently they'll cut the line and put in a compression fitting  to go with a flexihose from the dishwasher supply.  They charge $150 for installation plus another $50 for some kind of installation kit(the water  supply hose and discharge hose I assume).

The only thing the dishwasher doesn’t come with it the 90 degree fitting that threads into the dishwasher and into your flex line. I thought you were a cheap man but still a man. Now you’re just cheap.

16 minutes ago, housepicks said:

The only thing the dishwasher doesn’t come with it the 90 degree fitting that threads into the dishwasher and into your flex line. I thought you were a cheap man but still a man. Now you’re just cheap.

I dont want to mess with soldering or a compression fitting - which i dont have and would have to buy - along with a propane torch since the one I have is empty, it's also hard wired electric and I'd rather not mess with that either. If I run into a problem I'd have to shut the water off to the whole house while i fuck around and run back and forth to a hardware store. I assume it'll take them an hour or so, I'm at the point in my life where I'll spend a hondo or two to save a lot of hassle.

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

That's what my house has, no gas line to the kitchen. here's pic - the rear one is the sensitemp crap, you see the button thingy that keeps shutting it off, the front one is far superior.

stove burners 003.jpg

Impressive house cleaning skills. Every time someone uses our oven, it looks like a bomb went off.

21 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I dont want to mess with soldering or a compression fitting - which i dont have and would have to buy - along with a propane torch since the one I have is empty, it's also hard wired electric and I'd rather not mess with that either. If I run into a problem I'd have to shut the water off to the whole house while i fuck around and run back and forth to a hardware store. I assume it'll take them an hour or so, I'm at the point in my life where I'll spend a hondo or two to save a lot of hassle.

I’d feel like such a pussy watching a guy put my dishwasher in. A dishwasher.

The dishwasher is in, took the guy maybe 35 min. I asked him about dishwashers in general and he said "they all suck" lol. I commented that some run $1000 and he said they sell a few that run $10K, he said they sell very few of those.