Your 2024 MVC CHAMPIONS

FISHHEAD

Just now, FairWarning said:

Iowa still has their tourney though.  The middle of the B10 is actually pretty good.  Minn is sliding a little, but Ohio St is playing well since the coaching change.

IOWA losses, need to win tourney............if neither happens..............IND ST over IOWA

27 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Always loved the MVC tourney.  It truly kickstarts the GOAT part of the year.  Nice weather, it’s not dark anymore, conference tourneys, MM, the Masters right around the corner, the Easter bunny comes soon……..March-April is so awesome.

MVC was awesome late 60's early 70's...............arguably best conf then, FW knows.

13 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

MVC was awesome late 60's early 70's...............arguably best conf then, FW knows.

No they’re a fun conference tourney but have never “arguably” been even remotely close to the best conference.  College bball has and always will run through Tobacco road.  I miss the 90s when it was an 8 team ACC war fest of hatred for each other.

1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

No they’re a fun conference tourney but have never “arguably” been even remotely close to the best conference.  College bball runs through Tobacco road.  I miss the 90s when it was an 8 team ACC war fest of hatred for each other.

incorrect

late 60's, early 70's it was, as stated

DRAKE was probably best team in 1969

----------------------------

They literally gave away/robbed IN SEMIFINAL to KAREEM and UCLA losig by 3..................total joke.

---------------------------------

DRAKE clobbered Dean Smith and NC in the consolation game 103-83

9 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Back then, Memphis St and Louisville were in the conference.  conferences are so watered down today.

I mean I guess Louisville was relevant in the 80s and with Pitino.  Memphis was cool with Penny, and big with Paypal Cal.  That’s about all there is to say.  The MVC is……kind of like a cute little conference that I enjoy watching their tourney every March.  Then whoever wins it gets absolutely rolled in MM.  To think they were arguably the best conference at any point is true trolling or stupidity.

9 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

DRAKE was probably best team in 1969

----------------------------

They literally gave away/robbed IN SEMIFINAL to KAREEM and UCLA losig by 3..................total joke.

---------------------------------

DRAKE clobbered Dean Smith and NC in the consolation game 103-83

That UCLA game was devastating.......cried after loss as 8-year old

24 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

That UCLA game was devastating.......cried after loss as 8-year old

No shame.  I cried like a bitch when we lost to Simon and Bibby in 1997, and was damn near devastated when we lost again in the F4 to Utah and a bunch of Mormons while we had NBA All-Stars on the court.  Fuck I loved those teams.  Cota dishing to Jamison and Carter was just so much fun to watch.