4.8 Earthquake hits New York Area

Mike75

There seems to be earthquakes that happen around the time of eclipses.

In 1811 the Missouri and Tennessee area were hit by one of the deadliest earthquakes in history.

They dont know when but for years there has been reports that this area will be hit again in the future by another deadly earthquake.

Crazy that here in Memphis the damage will be massive as it sits right on the faultline.

St Louis will likely suffer mass damage as well.

1 minute ago, TobyTyler said:

20240405_140404.jpg

WOW, ,Man i love all those and grew up playing those all the time. Outrun is one of my all time faves. I could play up to an hour on Ms Pac Man back in the day that was another fave. I loved Paperboy as well that was a lot of fun.

My first console was an Atari i got in '83 on my birthday BUT my all time favorite was the first Nintendo i was in heaven when that came out stuff like Zelda,Metroid just blew the competition out of the water.

11 minutes ago, TobyTyler said:

They have aTari here 

20240405_141701.jpg

The first one is an Atari 2600, the other is either a 5200 or 7800 Atari. Had them all in the mid eighties as a kid and had a lot of fun.

The graphics got much better on the 5200 and then on the 7800 they improved again.

In fact i was impressed on the 7800 as the Ms Pac Man was pretty much identical to the arcade. Also had Q-Bert i loved that a lot as well.

Going to be really bad when a quake does hit here in Memphis.

Memphis is sitting right on top of the New Madrid fault line.

Scientists are saying it will likely be 8.0 or worse when it hits.

The amount of destruction will be astronomical and many buildings and bridges here are most likely not quakeproof.

1 hour ago, Mike75 said:

There seems to be earthquakes that happen around the time of eclipses.

In 1811 the Missouri and Tennessee area were hit by one of the deadliest earthquakes in history.

They dont know when but for years there has been reports that this area will be hit again in the future by another deadly earthquake.

Crazy that here in Memphis the damage will be massive as it sits right on the faultline.

St Louis will likely suffer mass damage as well.

In St. Louis until Tuesday.  RIP.