RIP OJ SIMPSON

Brock Landers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, El Chapo2017 said:

Interesting Stat regarding O.J.'s 2000 yard season...

In 1973, O.J. had 2,003 yards in 14 Games (14-game season).

The only other time in NFL History that anyone accumulated 2,000 yds over a 14-Game stretch in one season was in 1997.

In a 16-game season, Barry Sanders finished with 2,053 yds. However, he had only 53 combined yards in his first 2 games.

Thus, in the final 14 games (Game 3 thru Game 16) he accumulated exactly 2000 yds.

Joining O.J., as the only players ever to accumulate 2,000 yds (or more) in a 14-game stretch in a season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SandBa00/gamelog/1997/

Yep and only 8 players in NFL history have rushed for over 2,000 yards in a season

1973--O.J. Simpson     Bills    2,003 yds

1984--Eric Dickerson   Rams  2,105 yds

1997--Barry Sanders    Lions  2,053  yds

1998--Terrell Davis       Broncos 2,008 yds

2003--Jamaal Lewis      Ravens  2,066 yds

2009--Chris Johnson     Titans   2,006 yds

2012--Adrian Peterson  Vikings 2,097 yds

2020--Derrick Henry      Titans   2,027 yds

Eric Dickerson has the most yards ever in a season with 2,105 yds and back in 2012 Adrian Peterson was just 9 yards from breaking Dickerson's record.

The NFL record for most yards ever gained from scrimmage in an a season is held by Chris Johnson in 2009 with 2,509 yards in a season. No other player besides CJ has over 2,500 yds in a single season

Tennessee Titans are the only NFL team with two 2,000 yards rushers Chris Johnson and Derrick Henry

Ironically with there now being 17 and in future possibly even 18 games in a season it won't be long before we see another 2,000 yard rusher.

Simpson is the first of the eight 2,000 yard rushers to pass away....

Sure is a strange mental condition to convince yourself that something never happened on your behalf like OJ did.

Only thing I ever blocked out of my head was my dad's friend that died of throat cancer at 41.  I have no memory of any of that time period.  My brother asked me a few years ago how the hell could I not possibly remember us going to his house every week and seeing him unable to even swallow.  Beats me.  The mind is a funny thing.  Lol OJ went to his grave convinced he was innocent.

3 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Sure is a strange mental condition to convince yourself that something never happened on your behalf like OJ did.

Only thing I ever blocked out of my head was my dad's friend that died of throat cancer at 41.  I have no memory of any of that time period.  My brother asked me a few years ago how the hell could I not possibly remember us going to his house every week and seeing him unable to even swallow.  Beats me.  The mind is a funny thing.  Lol OJ went to his grave convinced he was innocent.

He had a book where he confessed 

6 minutes ago, PatrickBateman said:

No. The book was pulled before it was written and was based off if he might have done it.

Scumbag still pocketed $800,000.

It's available right now, the Goldman's own the rights.  He confessed in it.

This wasn't seen at the time, shelved until years later

1 hour ago, Brock Landers said:

He had a book where he confessed 

I’m aware but he still supposedly died yesterday while telling his family and kids that he didn’t do it.  He denied it all the way to the end even with his “hypothetical” book and interview.

15 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I’m aware but he still supposedly died yesterday while telling his family and kids that he didn’t do it.  He denied it all the way to the end even with his “hypothetical” book and interview.

He sure didn't look to hard for the "real" killer did he?

LaVergne, who had represented Simpson since 2009, said he specifically didn't want the Goldman family seeing any money from Simpson's estate.

"It's my hope that the Goldmans get zero, nothing," he told the Review-Journal. "Them specifically. And I will do everything in my capacity as the executor or personal representative to try and ensure that they get nothing"

what balls

• 2 weeks later...