Hard to believe Yogi Berra stat

kyhawk

Netflix or Prime had a show about him,  Highly recommended.  

He caught like 150 plus double headers.  That was when they were back to back.  Rare struck out.  12 times with 656 plate appearance.

Hated Steinbrenner.   A great manager too.  Managed the Mets in their miracle year.

He was an 18-time All-Star and won 10 World Series championships as a player—more than any other player in MLB history

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1115625-yogi-berras-incredible-feat-for-the-yankees-that-no-slugger-will-ever-match

Berra made 656 plate appearances, hit .322/.383/.533, and, get ready for this, he struck out 12 times.

It wasn't as if Berra choked up on the bat the way Nelson Fox used to do in an attempt to simply make contact. Berra was a dangerous power hitter that didn't strike out. Berra finished his career with 358 home runs.

The numbers reveal that in 1950, Berra hit 2.33 home runs for every strikeout. He drove in 10.33 runs for every strikeout.

When Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs, he hit 0.67 home runs for every strikeout and batted in 1.84 runs for every strikeout.

Joe DiMaggio, like Berra, was a great power hitter, and like Berra, didn't strike out much. DiMaggio's 361 career home runs and 369 strikeouts are the standard used by those individuals that insist a strikeout is not just another out.

Berra was close to DiMaggio. He hit 358 home runs and struck out only 414 times.

15 hours ago, kyhawk said:

Netflix or Prime had a show about him,  Highly recommended.  

He caught like 150 plus double headers.  That was when they were back to back.  Rare struck out.  12 times with 656 plate appearance.

Hated Steinbrenner.   A great manager too.  Managed the Mets in their miracle year.

He was an 18-time All-Star and won 10 World Series championships as a player --more than any other player in MLB history

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1115625-yogi-berras-incredible-feat-for-the-yankees-that-no-slugger-will-ever-match

Berra made 656 plate appearances, hit .322/.383/.533, and, get ready for this, he struck out 12 times.

It wasn't as if Berra choked up on the bat the way Nelson Fox used to do in an attempt to simply make contact. Berra was a dangerous power hitter that didn't strike out. Berra finished his career with 358 home runs.

The numbers reveal that in 1950, Berra hit 2.33 home runs for every strikeout. He drove in 10.33 runs for every strikeout.

When Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs, he hit 0.67 home runs for every strikeout and batted in 1.84 runs for every strikeout.

Joe DiMaggio, like Berra, was a great power hitter, and like Berra, didn't strike out much. DiMaggio's 361 career home runs and 369 strikeouts are the standard used by those individuals that insist a strikeout is not just another out.

Berra was close to DiMaggio. He hit 358 home runs and struck out only 414 times.

You posted a Bit of BULLSHIT...

Let me clean up your mess with a FACT...

Total BULLSHIT Claim:

"Managed the Mets in their miracle year".

FACT:

***The "Miracle Mets" were the 1969 Mets.

The Manager was Gil Hodges.

1969-Mets-Miracle_Has_Landed_ebook-cover

71ghrmBrc9L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

(Berra's best season as Mets Mgr was 1973 when he lost the World Series in 7 Games to the As).

While there are many, here our Top 20 Yogisms:

1. "When you come to a fork in the road.... take it."
  2. "You can observe a lot by just watching."
  3. "It ain't over till it's over."
  4. "We made too many wrong mistakes."
  5. "No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded."
  6. "I always thought the record would stand until it was broken."
  7. "Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too."
  8. "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
  9. "Pair up in threes."
  10. "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there."
  11. "The future ain’t what it used to be."
  12. "I usually take a two-hour nap from 1 to 4."
  13. "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."
  14. "You don’t have to swing hard to hit a home run. If you got the timing, it’ll go."
  15. "Ninety percent of the game is half mental."
  16. "Never answer an anonymous letter."
  17. "Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."
  18. "Take it with a grin of salt."
  19. "It gets late early out here."
  20. "I never said most of the things I said."

2 hours ago, El Chapo2017 said:

You posted a Bit of BULLSHIT...

Let me clean up your mess with a FACT...

Total BULLSHIT Claim:

"Managed the Mets in their miracle year".

FACT:

***The "Miracle Mets" were the 1969 Mets.

The Manager was Gil Hodges.

1969-Mets-Miracle_Has_Landed_ebook-cover

71ghrmBrc9L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

(Berra's best season as Mets Mgr was 1973 when he lost the World Series in 7 Games to the As).

Uhh. ..sorry I guess.  I thought the show had him managing the Mets.  I think maybe that was the year they just won for the first time?? Not sure. 

Before my time and I'm an old fuk