NBA free agency

rjt

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure its been discussed.

So with Love going long term with Cavs

Cavs playing it what is viewed as the weaker conference (easier to advance to finals)

When the Cap is increased next season are the Cavs the team any player looking to win vs make the most $ possible the place players gravitated to?

Wherever Lebron goes the Veterans or "ring chasers" will follow. They are trying to trade haywood's 10 mil contract and maybe varajao for Joe Johnson who is making $24 million next year. If you factor in TT's likely near max and Lebron's Max + all the pieces they will have to fill bench wise they will be eating up the new cap. Lebron is only likely to sign for another year since he'll be looking to get whatever the "supermax" will be in 2016-2017 after they renegitoate the cba.

Cavs were supposed to be the best team the worlds ever seen and they finished 5th in the regular season. That's terrible when you are expected to go 1

Heat only hit 50% with stacked teams right?

No one said it hurts them. Just not worth playing such low odds is my point. It's not lock city like everyone thinks

If you bet Miami to win the title every year Lebron was there you would have made good money. How is 50% title rate bad?? Did you think they should be -150 vs the field to win the title?? Lots of good teams in the nba cee

And Cavs were not supposed to be the best team ever. Miami was expected to win titles far more than Clev was. Lebron even said they accomplished more than he thought they would year 1, he didnt think theyd get to the finals and said itd be a long process. He was playing with young guys that had never won before

Also like i said Lebron missed 15 games or so? Dont think many teams would win 60+ if their superstar misses that many. look at OKC missing the playoffs.

If you bet Miami to win the title every year Lebron was there you would have made good money. How is 50% title rate bad?? Did you think they should be -150 vs the field to win the title?? Lots of good teams in the nba cee

And Cavs were not supposed to be the best team ever. Miami was expected to win titles far more than Clev was. Lebron even said they accomplished more than he thought they would year 1, he didnt think theyd get to the finals and said itd be a long process. He was playing with young guys that had never won before

Also like i said Lebron missed 15 games or so? Dont think many teams would win 60+ if their superstar misses that many. look at OKC missing the playoffs.

you are right pal. 50% at 3 or 4/1 odds is making money.

I think i'm just used to bases/golf/football where low odds aren't good ideas. Really only need 1 guy to win in NBA. Doesn't work in any other sport

Old man Spurs intents on staying old....they sign David West. Not sure how that is going to work...Duncan/West/Aldrige??

Cant have them all on the court at same time. Unless West has agreed to come off the bench?

yeah, i think that is assumed. Old guy doesn't mind being a back up , especially when Duncan sits out a lot. He will have a lot of playing time so no big deal

Old man Spurs intents on staying old....they sign David West. Not sure how that is going to work...Duncan/West/Aldrige??

Cant have them all on the court at same time. Unless West has agreed to come off the bench?

Well they're going to be playing a lot slower this year even if he comes off the bench. I don't think West has played in high paced offense in years. Maybe if they get him in Diaw like shape during the offseason but I have my doubts.

Wait a minute...

The Los Angeles Clippers are trying to persuade DeAndre Jordan to reconsider his decision to sign with the Mavericks after Jordan verbally committed to join Dallas last week, according to league sources.

Free agents are traditionally considered off-limits once they strike a verbal agreement with a team during the NBA's annual moratorium period. Sources, though, said Clippers president Doc Rivers and owner Steve Ballmer have scheduled a meeting Wednesday in Houston to make one last face-to-face pitch to Jordan in an attempt to persuade him to walk away from the four-year, $80-plus million max deal he committed to with the Mavericks and instead stay with L.A.

Sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard that Jordan has told people close to him since picking Dallas that he's still "torn" and "unsure" about his decision.

Sources said that, in recent days, some Clippers players also have been in contact with Jordan. Blake Griffin huddled with him Tuesday night, according to sources, and Chris Paul -- whose reportedly strained relationship with Jordan has been pinpointed as a factor in the center's initial decision to take Dallas' offer -- has been among those pushing hardest in recent days for Jordan to change his mind and is expected to join Rivers and Ballmer at Wednesday's meeting.

It's a rule and has been for long time..nothing to do wth Cuban making his millions. Fucking idiot learn the rules before open your stupid mouth.

Simmer down tea pot.

You do realize there is a reason someone uses a question mark. That is because they are asking.

I will promise you though will hit the books and be back next year with a better understanding of the rules.

Simmer down tea pot.

You do realize there is a reason someone uses a question mark. That is because they are asking.

I will promise you though will hit the books and be back next year with a better understanding of the rules.

If it has took you this long to learn then I don't have much hope for you unless your 13