What happened to Robinson Cano?

Mofome

That whole Seattle team now for last couple of seasons seem to have a horrible approach at the plate. I've watched quite a few of their games this season and they seem to swing at more balls off the plate and put themselves in bad counts more then most teams in the rest of MLB. Cano seems to have fallen into that kind of slump at plate as well swinging at a lot more balls off the plate and being aggressive but doing it way to much outside the strike zone then he ever did in NY. 

My opinion is that robinson cano did his job with the yankees.  He came up with them and buillt a name for himself.  He wasn't making any money with the yankees but that's just how it goes as far as human nature.  Robinson Cano is the equivalent of a young hot looking girl by the name of Yasmine Bleeth on the tv show Baywatch.  In case anyone doesn't know she was really hot on the show and played the role of Caroline Holden.

She got famous, she got paid, she got married or whatever, and she no longer had any hunger.  The only hunger she has currently is over eating because she is fat as hell, doesn't care to pay the extra money to look good, and it turns out she's just like any other lady out there.  I guarantee you that she looked just as good as megan fox, the only difference is that megan fox is younger right now but she can turn out just as bad.  These professional make-up artists are so good at making objects prettier than they appear in mirrors.  

Robinson Cano fooled a lot of us because he made everyone think he was really good when in fact he had too many great hitters on the yankees hitting ahead of him, and too many good yankee hitters hitting behind him.  Then robinson cano signed a big contract by a team known for being in a pitchers park.  

I'm not excusing robinson cano being a shitty batter right now, just trying to perhaps explain what's happened to him.

Nelson Cruz is doing just fine with a varying rotation of garbage hitters behind him. Not to mention the expensive one in front of him. So its not the lineup and he is actually hitting better in Safeco..,,hitting .200 on the road. Personally I think he was part of the Biogenisis thing and he slipped through the cracks...cant catch em all. That is why he bolted for Seattle a more forgiving market. He knew he would be destroyed performing like this in a Yankees uniform after the numbers he put up.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps Cano is one of those guys who found it easier to be successful as the "next guy down the line" and not the star everyone comes to for answers and explanations when things aren't going right. He always had Jeter and the Yankee club house in general to kind of shield some of that attention away from him but that isn't the case in Seattle. 

Ball does not carry nearly as well in Safeco versus the short porch at Yankee Stadium. You can move the fences in however much you want, but that eyesore of a cathedral will forever favor the pitchers with that harrowing train horn in the background fog. Still no excuse not to be productive on the road, although he is now well on pace to eclipse last season's paltry numbers. However he is still falling well short of career averages.